Reply To: More Freedom – What you believe you are vs. what you believe you "should" be

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters More Freedom – What you believe you are vs. what you believe you "should" be Reply To: More Freedom – What you believe you are vs. what you believe you "should" be

Brian Tucker
PSTEC User

Dear Brian,
    I have a couple of questions regarding the belief blasters, and looked at other threads, but wasn't able to find any answers pertaining to the exact problems, hence I am posting them here:

I was wondering how to use the BB for a belief that resulted from being told almost daily, “You should feel ashamed of yourself!”. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly with regard to putting it in past tense when saying, “I should have felt ashamed of myself”.
    I used the BB this way several times but without 'obvious' success. Any suggestions?

1.) Give these beliefs a go – Already in past tense

I should have been ashamed of myself
    I had been ashamed of myself
    I had been shameful
    I had been ashamed of who I was
    I had been a shameful person
    People who loved me had shamed me

The other question I have is regarding using the BB with beliefs that pertain to the future. For example, during her childhood a friend of mine was constantly told by her mother, “What you want most, you'll never have!”. I suggested first using the CT to clear the emotions with regard to her mother as well as the anger about having been 'programmed' with such a belief, and then already starting to use PSTEC PQT to 'perforate' the negative belief, so to speak.
    However, best case scenario, she would be able to use the BB to erase the negative belief before installing a new, positive one. We both weren't sure how to reword the negative belief for use with the BB, though. (Another example for a belief from childhood pertaining to the future would be, “I'll never be successful / wealthy/ amount to anything”)
    I'd greatly appreciate any pointers! Thank you :)
    Lee

I would have never had what I had wanted most
    I couldn't have had what I wanted

The other question I would ask is what was the reasoning behind it? e.g. didn't deserve, unworthy, you were bad etc.