Reply To: Problems with authority
Forums › General Discussions and Specific Issues › General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia › Problems with authority › Reply To: Problems with authority
Thank you for posting.
It might be worthwhile focusing on current and historical interactions with people in a position of authority, and CTing the feelings linked to that down to 0. There will be patterns linked to this which probably run deeper than just general authority.
Go back to your childhood where you perhaps felt powerless or belittled.
Think also of the following concepts:
– people bossing you around
– the idea that you were being undermined
– the idea you are being patronised
– feeling judged
– the idea you are being mocked
– feeling weak or vulnerable
– feeling threatened in social situations
– feeling people are angry with you
– feeling subservient
– feeling “I can't let them think they've won”
– people dominating you (physically or simply shouting you down)
– feeling that someone was trying to take liberties with you to look “stronger” or “the alpha”
You could bundle these together and run a long CT2015 or run each concept individually via a another Click Track (e.g. one play while focusing on “feeling judged” etc.)
As well as this, check in with the following beliefs:
“It was dangerous to let others have control”
“What made me OK was dominating others”
“I was not safe in group situations”
“Group situations were scary”
“I was not worth respecting”
“Anger was scary”
“People thought less of me when I wasn't rebellious”
“Being rebellious kept me safe”
“Men couldn't be trusted”
“Dominant men were dangerous”
“People in powerful positions wanted to harm me”
If any of those resonate, I recommend BBing them and layering in some positives with PQT.
I hope that helps, Truman. Please let us know how you get on.
Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner
Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.
Recreate yourself with PSTEC.
Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…