A life of its own

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eloith
    PSTEC User

Hi

I am working on my severe PTSD whereby i have chronic intense emotional pain.

I was constantly criticised and bullied as child ….. my mother, my father and my sister all had their various ways of doing this.

I have been using pstec a lot over the past 6 months with a lot of time focused on memories of each person separately with the particular flavour of bullying from each..along with my feeling.

This has not affected the emotional pain and the painful feeling of punishment and guilt i still carry. What has been effected is my awareness of the thoughts and feelings as just that – thoughts and feelings, but if this helps them lift it is only briefly.

These thoughts and feelings, tho they originated years ago with specific people and experiences, now have a life of their own and are self generating.

So is it necessary to always use the memory of the original person with the click track, or is it just as effective to use my current feeling with the current chronic image which is mainly an aural-kinaesthetic image of a hateful punisher that is not any particular person but is a clear and familiar 'spirit' that hangs around me a lot.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any advice in relation to this.

Eloith. 

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi eloith

The quick answer is yes I do not see why not. Click Track this hateful punisher avatatar with any negative feelings that come with it.  If you can. It is also possible to sort of anhropomorphise this character into more of a person given a name and face. This person can them be manipulated into speaking in a funny voice, shrunk in size, made fun of, anything to reduce their importance and then their hold over you. This sort of work really needs to be done with a therapist as someone outside able to help stear you in the right direction.

In order  to find out why you have not made as much progress as you would like, I would have to ask you an awful lot more questions. Do you only have the basic Click Tracks or do you have any other
        PSTEC packages?

Peter

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

is it just as effective to use my current feeling with the current chronic image which is mainly an aural-kinaesthetic image of a hateful punisher that is not any particular person but is a clear and familiar 'spirit' that hangs around me a lot.

Eloith.

Focus on this character and try as hard as you can for as long as you can to recreate any emotion associated with it. Click until you can't feel that feeling in even the slightest way. You will know you are getting close to clearing it when it “feels like a dot or the point of a pin head” in the distance. Then relax and see if you have any low level emotional energy left with it and keep clicking until that is gone. That should clear it. It may take you many runs. I go after it and don't stop until its gone. If it comes back slightly again in the future, go after it again until it's gone.

What may happen as you do this are other thoughts and/or feelings that pop into your head. If they do, write them down and click them away next. This is a very important part of the click tracks as these events/emotions are associated with the main event/emotion in some way.

Do this and see/feel what happens and leave us an update!

eloith
          PSTEC User

Hi Peter

Thank you for both your replies.

To answer your question, I am using the 2015 tracks…. since about 5 months ago. (i said I'd been using the click tracks overall for 6 months but it's more like 8-9 months though the last month or 2 less intensively)

I have often been working with this punisher character, and will continue  with it, and as you say write down other things that come up.

Please feel free to ask me the other questions.

Do you think Tim's new mindfulness program will help? I only received it yesterday, and it seems like a programme that could be time consuming, so it would compete with my time on the click tracks at least initially……. would you see it as key for me, or would the click tracks be the priority with the mindfulness studied gradually?

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

Hi Peter

Thank you for both your replies.

To answer your question, I am using the 2015 tracks…. since about 5 months ago. (i said I'd been using the click tracks overall for 6 months but it's more like 8-9 months though the last month or 2 less intensively)

I have often been working with this punisher character, and will continue  with it, and as you say write down other things that come up.

Please feel free to ask me the other questions.

Do you think Tim's new mindfulness program will help? I only received it yesterday, and it seems like a programme that could be time consuming, so it would compete with my time on the click tracks at least initially……. would you see it as key for me, or would the click tracks be the priority with the mindfulness studied gradually?

I am not aware of it. Where is the info on it?

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

HI eloith

Stop Clicking temporarily and listen to the new Mindfulness audios. These will help you understand yourself better and how your mind works. This will better enable you to use the PSTEC packages more effectively. Although I already know much of it, it is a great refresher course and is already helping me rethink and motivate me. (And I am only halfway through).

Peter

Peter Bunyan
                PSTEC User

Hi plus1g

The new Mindfulness tutorial although free at the moment was only advertised to subscribers on one of the mailing lists. Although I could send you a link I am not sure where I stand regards sending out info that was maybe not intended for you. I will ask and get back to you.

Peter

Dr Steve Price
                  PSTEC User

Hi Eloith,

First let me say I understand how painful the symptoms associated with PTSD can be and that you have come to the right place in your search for a release. At it's core, PTSD can sometimes be viewed as a frustrated quest to become your own person, with painful associations and memories thwarting your right to full expression and happiness. Sometimes this can even result in behaviours and life positions that you can't even justify to  yourself other than as defence strategies. It's my own view that you can take a two pronged approach which aims first to reduce, release and get rid of the unwanted triggers, irritants and toxic voices on the one hand, and discover, plan, set up and live the true you on the other.  The self help approach works but can be distracted whereas working with a therapist and some good materials can accelerate things beyond your expectations. If you have a moment to spare it can be helpful to write down where you feel the problems lie and where you your new free self is going to be going. Once you've got something to look forward to and  the knowledge that you have it as a right, your perspective, your circumstances and even the people around you will start being more and more helpful! Good Luck and Enjoy !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.