Any advice for an emotion that seems "stuck"?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Any advice for an emotion that seems "stuck"?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RebeccaJ
    PSTEC User

I've been using PSTEC and EFT for my issues w/shame. I thought “shame” narrowed things down but now I'm wondering if it's still to broad because my issue doesn't seem to budge.

I thought I made headway with the free PSTEC tracks for shame and body shaming, and then with the 1st and 2nd tracks of the weight loss set as well, but when I tried to listen to the Slimming Loop last night, I felt like I was being shamed by Tim's words when he said 'you know you have to lose weight' etc, and I only listened a few minutes before I turned it off. Any ideas as to what I can try?

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Rebecca!

Shame, like any emotion/feeling, can be generalized and/or very specific.  Quite often, we want to address it generally because we fear seeing the ugly details and, many times, with PSTEC, you don't have to be too specific.  But, if the feelings persist, then you may have to.

Delve a little deeper about the shame.  You now have a specific clue about the shame in Tim's words, “you know you have to lose weight” … ask yourself:

* Why does it bother me when he says that?
        * Have I heard similar words before?
        * Who and what does that remind me of?

See what that awareness reveals … look for specifics and then CT those specifics.

You can even use Tim… imagine him saying that to you personally … rate the feeling of shame … then CT while TRYING HARD to feel the shame and keeping that imagined event of him personally saying that to you while doing your best to keep up with the clicks and tones.

Make sense?

Welcome the specifics because they are the communication from the subconscious about what needs to be addressed and, then, address them with the CT's or EEF's.

Aloha!
        Jeff

RebeccaJ
        PSTEC User

Jeff, I felt shamed because he said the same things I've been telling myself over the years, and after doing the clicktracks, I felt better but along came this person (Tim) tearing me down again.

Jeff Harding

Therein lies one of the differences and it may have to be addressed separately…

“things I've been telling myself over the years … along came this person (Tim) tearing me down again.”

CT while imagining another person saying those things… as I said, use Tim for your imagined event, but be aware if other memories or other people crop up saying similar things and CT those as well if you are bothered by them.

Also, after you CT a particular memory or a particular person along these lines… once the feelings are down to 0-1 … follow up with a PSTEC Positive Statement moving you in the direction you desire.

Aloha!
            Jeff

RebeccaJ
            PSTEC User

I received the PSTEC support email today and  I think I've been doing this incorrectly. Tim said ppl are mistakenly “repeating sentences about their problem”. So when I'm feeling shame about about something, I shouldn't be repeating “I felt so ashamed” or “he made me feel so embarrassed” while thinking about the event? Because he says to “focus on the event AND the feeling”.

Jeff Harding

Aloha Rebecca… Ah, no absolutely DO NOT repeat sentences during the Click Tracks. There is one exception we have talked about here on the forum and that's the “Why Technique” but that is not something you do in a “normal situation” but to invoke more info or details so that you can target your Click Tracks more specifically.
                http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/why-technique/

To emphasize what Tim says…

DO NOT try and merge PSTEC with other methods (nor vice versa) and DO NOT apply other methods' processes to PSTEC.  Follow Tim's directions specifically and literally.

For example, many people feel they cannot get PSTEC to work because they can't feel the feeling during the Click Track (CT).  But, if you notice, Tim does not tell you to feel the feeling during the CT, but to TRY HARD to feel the feeling.  It's not important to feel it, but to TRY HARD.  Big difference.

So, regarding your issue there, delve a bit more deeply so that you can target some specifics with the CT's.

I'm feeling shame about about something

What do you feel shame about?  Do you have memories of that or the imagined event of doing something in the future that you feel ashamed about possibly doing?

Maybe you have multiple memories of feeling shamed… when did it all start and/or what was one of the biggest memories of being shamed?

When you run the CT, you will focus on 3 things:

• One of those memories or imagined events,
                • TRYING HARD to feel the shame
                • Do your best to keep up the tapping with the clicks and tones.
                • [/list]That's it… just those 3 aspects are focused on during the track.

After the instructions, you do not want to be listening to Tim's voice as he is speaking to your subconscious regarding the issue you are focusing on.  If you are listening to everything Tim says on the track, you are not focusing on those 3 aspects and not concentrating properly to get the most effective use of the CT's.

Aloha!
                  Jeff

RebeccaJ
                PSTEC User

ok I've def been doing this all wrong. i have been trying to listen to Tim as well as make myself feel the same. so if someone said something to make me feel bad in this memory, i gutted im not supposed to hear that being repeated in my head either?

Meghan Saunders
                  PSTEC User

Hello RebeccaJ,

I think there is a difference between:

– 'hearing' another person's words during a click track session via a memory that makes you FEEL badly…..

– and continually repeating or focusing on your own words  “I felt so ashamed” or “he made me feel so embarrassed”

Try not to attach words to the memory and concentrate on connecting with the bad feelings associated to the memories.

Hope this helps.  Meghan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.