aphantasia – No mind’s eye

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters aphantasia – No mind’s eye

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Goltz
    PSTEC User

Hello,

I'm hoping someone has some suggestions to help me along. I am putting this under belief busters because it seems science only recently labeled this so now it would be a belief.

I am not able to recall images, sounds, smells, etc. So all the imaging required on the click tracks, accelerators, and PSTEC positive I am not able to do. I don't remember when it began not being able to see images in my mind's eye maybe I never was.

Awhile a go I read a book called Monsters and Magical Sticks by Steven Heller. In the book I remember a passage that the subconscious mind will protect people it feels experienced something they can't handle so won't be able to see images.

I didn't have the best childhood and without remembering when/if I stopped being able to see images in my mind's eye and I can't really pin point what time frame it could be. I don't know if it's real or was part of a dream as I actually seen a small scene in that stage between sleep and waking. I was young around kindergarten age (5 or so in America) I was in bed with my baby sitters neighbors wife and she was topless and he walks in and says oh you like women and closes the door behind him walking towards us and that's the end. So was I abused by this couple I can't say for sure. Could I create images in my minds eye beforeif that happened again I can't say.

Since I can't recall memories like a normal person would and can't recall emotions either, click tracking hasn't been as benificial as hoped.

Since Belief Blusters has suggestions to release the emotions I think this would be the way to go. I have went through Brians complete list of first beliefs to tackle and somewhat went through his whole guide of making a list going through his and knocking them out. Of course not seeing images of what is clearing I just have faith it's working for me.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi pcguy730,

Thank you for sharing your story.

I had not heard of Aphantasia (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34039054)  before. I have done some further reading on this now.

I have heard of other diagnoses and conditions where people experience difficulties remembering causal events or visualising in general. It is as though there is a block. Important to note too: any diagnosis can be wrong and, even when it is “right”, there is a context to it. So, it can change.

Your subconscious mind is your protector and we can also repress a lot of causal events – particularly those that might be considered to be of a traumatic nature (e.g. abuse, near-fatal accidents etc.) We can also rationalise these things away, yet it would rarely resolve such an issue. PTSD, for example, couldn't be resolved by rationalising it.

Fortunately, with PSTEC, you do NOT have to visualise in pictures.  You can work with what you know and work with your other feelings. You can also extrapolate backwards. Your sub knows the cause and you know the effect.

With that in mind:

How do you know you can't recall images, sounds and smells? I am just checking that with you to see if there are any exceptions to this, or whether there is a context to this. If someone mentions a movie you have watched, do you remember anything (e.g. plot, dialogue, key scenes) about the movie?

How do you know you have a problem? For example, do you get a feeling about certain things?

What sort of situations do you avoid?

Do you have a habitual sense of fear, anger or dread?

You can work with these while running the Click Track and work with the memories you already have.

You can also utilise the Belief Blasters to eliminate the beliefs that are feeding into the behaviour. Based on what you wrote, you may wish to see if you hold any of the following beliefs:

“I can't recall memories.”

“It is dangerous to remember the cause of my problems.”

“There's something wrong with me.”

“I'm not a normal person.”

I do have other suggestions, but will leave it there for now.

Please let us know how you get on.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Adam Goltz
        PSTEC User

BLOCKED SYSTEMS: EXAMPLESIf you or I were to visually recall an unpleasant experience from ourpast, we would probably begin to experience some unpleasant feelings.You might pause now.. .and remember some past trauma; see it as clearlyas possible…and now become aware of feelings that match what you are”seeing.” Since you are aware of the connection between what you are”seeing” and what you are “feeling,” you have several choices that willchange your feelings. You could stop the pictures, or change them tosomething that is pleasurable, or remind yourself that it is in the past andyou survived it. But the individual who is seeing something painful,without the ability to “know” that they are “seeing” it, has a painfulproblem. That person will become aware of their painful feelings, butwill have no idea from whence they come. Without that awareness, s/hehas little or no control over what s/he will continue to experienceconsciously!The individual whose visual system is out of conscious, or whoclaims that they cannot get visual images, is someone who, during someperiod of their life, was forced to, or accidentally saw things that lookedvery scary and caused a great deal of pain. To protect themselves fromthat pain, they brought down a mental curtain over those (visual) memo-ries, and, in effect, produced amnesia for those events—at least in thevisual experience. Those pictures from the past are going on internally,but that person is afraid to see them. To avoid looking at these painfulimages, they block out “seeing” any pictures.

Hello Paul,

I've included the excerpt I was talking about in my initial post.

I've tried blasting your suggested beliefs. I've did lists with the wrappers 2015 of anger, fear, etc. I do my best in thinking about them but since I can't see I taking on faith that I am actually going through them in my head lol.

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

As an experiment you might try loading these suggestions using pstec positive or better yet extra positive a few times. Be sure to CT any frustration or impatience around not being able to remember things down as far as you can.

“I want to remember what happened that caused me to block out my past”
            “From now on it's safe to remember my past”
            “I can start remembering what happened in my past now”
            “From now on I will be able to easily remember what happened in my past”
            “Every day I will recall more about what happened in my past”
            “All of my problem memories and feelings are in my past and harmless”
            “Its good for me to remember my past”
            “My ability to remember the past will be amazing”
            “My memory gets better every day”

Listen to relaxing accelerator and imagine/feeling so good and excited you can remember all of this stuff.

Let it sit for a week or two and let us know what you experience.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.