Beliefs about resistence
- This topic is empty.
- January 23, 2019 at 4:55 pm#22152TrumanPSTEC User
Personally I think resistence it is a meta issue when it comes to using PSTEC.
Resisting emotions leads to the majority of problems.
Which beliefs about resistance do y'all recommend to work on to become more resilient and able to feel instead of blocking ourselves to painful experiences?February 1, 2019 at 11:10 pm#26445Paul McCabePSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply.
Instead of beliefs, you would maybe be better served by Click Tracking the feeling of resistance – initially, at least.
The sort of beliefs that tend to create resistance seem to include the following:
– “It's dangerous to feel negative emotions”
– “Negative emotions are scary”
– “Being vulnerable is bad/scary/dangerous”
– “If I allow myself to show vulnerability, people will hurt/exploit/think less of me”
– “I have to control my emotions”
– “I have to hide what I really feel”
– “I have to hide who I truy am”
Not an exhaustive list, but those capture the essence.
With beliefs like those eliminated, you could layer in with PQT:
– “It is absolutely safe to feel what I need to feel now”
– “I let myself feel what needs to be felt”
– “I put my trust in the Click Tracks releasing me”
– “When I use the Click Tracks, I'm safe to feel what's needed”
Hope that helps.
Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner
Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.
Recreate yourself with PSTEC.
Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.