Chronic anxiety

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

Hello,

I need some help addressing the issue of chronic anxiety.

A couple of months ago now I had an anxiety attack, and since then anxious feelings and symptoms have been with me constantly. My heart is always racing, there is pain and 'tightness' in my chest and a lump in my throat, and at times churning in my stomach. It feels like these feelings and symptoms are completely beyond my control – I feel helpless and don't know how to get rid of them. Every waking moment is a misery.

I have issues that I had been concerned about before my anxiety attack, but I'm still not sure what exactly triggered a full attack.

How should I approach this with PSTEC? Should I do the click tracks just focusing on my feelings and symptoms, or should I try to focus on what my concerns were before the attack?

Any guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

RR

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hello RR!

Generally, with anxiety or panic attacks, there are two types:

1. Anxiety based upon a known cause or causes
        2. Panic Attacks (PA) that seem to occur at random or the are not known consciously.
        3. [/list]You mentioned, “I have issues that I had been concerned about before my anxiety attack…”

What are those issues?  These issues, if they are known, could begin to be approached using the Click Tracks (CT) for the emotional issues and memories.
          For unknown causes, first of all, be sure to listen to the “panicattackspecialaudio” that is a part of the free Basic PSTEC Audio Package.

For PA's…

• It is important to work with memories and not just feelings.
          • If there is a heavy trauma, do not work on that right away, work with the lesser memories first or milder, similar events.
          • Use subconscious to identify the cause.  The cause (or as I like to say, the answer) is known by some part of the mind, otherwise there would be no PA… the subconscious (sub) knows there are triggers and reacts to them.
          • Use memories of past panic attacks… focus on the memories and the feelings and use the CT.
          • Also, note the triggers as they come to mind… triggers are there somewhere in each PA.
          • It may take many repetitions…it depends because there are many variables.
          • Be sure when tapping with both hands as instructed by the CT, that you are tapping rapidly.
          • Focus on all three during the CT… the tapping, words and the issue.
          • [/list]If you are really stuck, consider finding someone to help work with you at least to get you started and on track.

If you go to the PSTEC Registry, there is a listing of various PSTEC therapists, practitioners and experts.  You can browse through there…

Don't let the geography get in the way because most of the practitioners can work with you via the phone or Skype.

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.