done over 100 hrs of work on click tracks on traumas, still have complex trauma

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Tell us About your PSTEC Story done over 100 hrs of work on click tracks on traumas, still have complex trauma

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pineapple22
    PSTEC User

hi
      I,m exhausted after many hours of committed click tracking through my timeline of complex trauma and getting them down to zero. I still have complex trauma, panic attacks, and have memories flashing through my mind that did not have. I really have invested huge amounts of systematic effort and I am not exactly sure why despite this through approach I have not been able to neutralise the emotions and my addictions have increased, I rather freaked out. I don,t want to draw the conclusion I,m too traumatisd to benefit from this process. Can any light be shed on the possible reasons despite following the procotol that can still have the numerous symtoms of complex trauma. I still feel very very unstable.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Pineapple22
        You have shown amazing commitment to trying PSTEC. Sadly this has not worked out the way you anticipated, yet! It is not possible for me to work out what might or might not be happening from such limited information as I have about you and the way you have been using PSTEC. The human brain/mind has a tremendous capacity for regeneration and change so I expect that you could find some benefit in using PSTEC no matter what level of trauma. This might only be some more liveable with reduction in symptoms rather than a complete permanent cessation. But you won't know unless you keep on going.

As a runner I have run many races at all distances marathon and beyond and at some point in all of them there comes a difficult patch where pain fuelled doubt creeps in and all you can do is take the next step and the next and just hang on and persist. This knowing that every step is one less to do and one step closer to the finish. The advantage of races is that I know more or less how far I have to go to the finish. Whereas in the journey you are on you do not, It could be a long way or it could be around the next corner.

Assuming you have been rating your feelings before and after every play of the Click Tracks what reductions in numbers have you achieved so far?

Peter

pineapple22
        PSTEC User

hi done all things can think of that I regard as traumatic to zero.
          my aniexty/panic sweats and addiction are still triggered. I thought if cleared all time line that the aforementioned would go down, any suggestions to what I might have missed out, thank you

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Pineapple22

You have proved that you have commitment and now you have proved that PSTEC works. There are a number of reasons why you may not have cleared your issues. The trauma that initiated this might be repressed, it might have happened when you were even younger say under 4, it might not seem traumatic just memorable or concerning and there are more reasons. However what to do about it is the question. If you know what the triggers are then there might be something to work on there. Otherwise working with imaginary future based events where your symptoms are quickly triggered and badly and in the worst possible place and time might be a way forward, as you do not need to know of any past trauma that might or might not be a cause. The more you can visualise such an event and fill it with sounds and even smells, the better. If you can devise such a scenario then replay it over and over while Click Tracking hopefully this will get some improvements for you.
            Please let us know how you get on.
            Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.