Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Peter Bunyan
    PSTEC User

joerg

For the issues that you CT'd and made the sensitivity worse, this could be that the issue originated at a time when you were suffering even if coincidentally. This could then anchor the hay fever to the issue. My suggestion then is to CT some memories of the worst times for the hay fever before you started with homeopathy and diet restrictions.

You could also extend the dietary limitation to some other well known irritants. Gluten in wheat and grain products being a good example. So try doing without all bread, biscuits, cakes and pasta and see if that helps.

Peter

joerg
      PSTEC User

Peter,

I have actually cut out gluten and sugar as well from my diet. They seem to create various health problems or at least aggravating some issues. About the anchor, I think you are right. I was thinking back and it seems like many of my problems date back to when I was 17. I cannot recall what caused my problems but there sure is something there. Both my hay fever and my myopia originates from that year for example. I am sure there are other issues too which I am not yet aware of.

Just now I finished a PN session targeting “nothing works”. I had no intent to do this but my sub lead me to target this belief. I have learned the hard way to trust my intuition. Well, I had massive resistance on this belief and that's probably why it has been so difficult for me to CT this issue. I will have to run PN several times to get through this issue. All other beliefs that I have tried PN on has been a breeze. Any suggestions here?

Thanks again for helping out!

Cheers,
        J

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

joerg

How do mean “resistance on this belief”?

Peter

joerg
          PSTEC User

Peter,

quite interesting experience. As I tried to tear apart (or shred, burn etc) the sentence the sub was playing games with the sentence. For example when I put the paper in the “shredder” it came out whole! Or it burned but didn't burn up! Other beliefs I haven't had any such weird stuff happen. Must be some major issue for me here. Any help appreciated!

I feel better though.

Cheers,
            J

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

joerg

Your body and mind are the same thing. If you like, your body is the solid bit, the mind you can see, the hardware and your mind the software, the invisible bit. They do not work on their own you need both as an interactive system. A problem in one shows up in the other, although not always in obvious ways. Problems or issues in the mind give rise to physical behaviors and physical problems create mental problems, depression and more. Good health requires the system to be working well. You might think it is easier to control what you do and eat but think for a moment and consider the problems smokers have “giving up” or obese people eating a healthy diet. Evolution tells us that we are controlled by feelings and emotions with what we call thoughts in language coming in afterwards rationalizing or justifying  what we just did. If you like thoughts are feelings expressed in a verbal form but feelings also have associated behaviors even if you do not realize you are performing these behaviors.

At 17 you are still learning your own abilities and how to interact with other people, sort of still fragile. Most likely by this stage sex complicates things and you can be hurt easily by others by either them not thinking or deliberately. Relationships in a word, with your parents, siblings, relatives or peers are usually the most influential. Teachers, Doctors and other authority figures also play a significant part.

Hopefully letting your mind wander over what I have just written will give you a clue as to what happened to you at that time.

Peter

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

joerg

Sorry my last post crossed with yours.

Re resistance to your PN. Somehow you need to Click Track that resistance. Look at it the other way for a moment. “Nothing works” so what is going to happen next, what is going to get worse because of it? What disaster could happen, what are you afraid of? Imagine what ever could happen because “nothing works” and Click Track that. Click Tracks work on future anticipated events as well as on past memories.

Does this give you any more sense of direction?

Peter

Paul McCabe
                PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi joerg,

I'm glad that you posted your experiences. Great advice from Peter, as always.

With a belief like “nothing works”, “change is difficult” or “change is impossible”, it would be important to consider how you formed such a belief. There are different approaches to eliminating these types of belief.

The PSTEC roadmap is very much to start with CT first. I can see the logic of that. If you had a belief such as “Dogs are dangerous”, for instance, you would invariably experience fear when you see a dog. Getting rid of the belief would likely lessen or completely eliminate the fear.

However, few people start with a notion like “I have this belief I really want to eliminate.” Ultimately, we want to *feel* better or not feel the fear (in this example). So, whether the feelings cause the belief or the belief causes the feeling (or they just work as a double act!), it's worth CT the feelings and eliminating the accompanying beliefs.

With “My belief is that nothing works”, ask yourself:

Where did belief that come from? What sort of experiences led to your conclusion?

If it came from you trying various disciplines and not making the desired progress, look at your experiences and “prime the pump” using a few alternative interpretations.

It is important to logically provide alternative interpretations for the conclusion you reached.

Some good counterexamples/alternative interpretations might
                  include:

– Some things I've tried haven't worked, but that doesn't mean nothing works.

– Some things haven't worked as quickly or as well as I'd have liked, but that doesn't mean they won't ever work and doesn't mean nothing works.

– Some processes are working in the background and are affecting my subconscious, so I don't know for sure that nothing works.

– I haven't tried everything there is to try and I may need to commit more time to working on myself using proven processes, so I don't know that nothing works.

After doing this conscious exercise, then run PN on the belief. That will work on the subconscious. Be prepared to run it a few times, if necessary. Some beliefs can be stubborn.

I have more to add, but hope this helps for now. Please let us know.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Tomas Zobal
                  PSTEC User

Although sometimes persistence and just carrying on Click Tracking will get you over the “tipping point” it can also just be that you are re-enforcing negative feelings by not apparently getting anywhere. Feedback from changing how you work can also provide clues and give you new insights on targets to work on or bring back memories you had not recalled for a long time.

This is a very important point. I believe it happened to me a few years ago when I first started using PSTEC. I kept CTing one issue and while it would definitely give me a temporary relief, the thoughts/emotions always came back. So I would CT them again, but I think subconsciously, I started doubting if PSTEC worked for me (I knew it worked for others) and ultimately gave up after some time.

After doing this conscious exercise, then run PN on the belief. That will work on the subconscious. Be prepared to run it a few times, if necessary. Some beliefs can be stubborn.

When using CTs, PN or PP, we sometimes have to run them a few/many times on one particular issue. Is it important to deal with such issue in a short period of time? Let's say within a few days? Does running the tracks again let's say weeks later put us back at the starting line?

Peter Bunyan
                    PSTEC User

Hi Tomas and all

Some people who have low self esteem problems can self sabotage their efforts because their “experience” is “nothing works” they have tried all sorts of things but it always, apparently, happens to them. This strengthens their confirmation bias further each time because they are actively expecting things to not work. In a similar way to  procrastination your subconscious generates  excuses for things to not to work and if something does work then it throws up another new hurdle to get in the way and prove that it does not. This keeps the status quo and generates “safe” feelings you know where you are at. PSTEC can be just another thing to fail at. If it works for awhile then a new issue appears.

There are many such similar cases on this forum.

In order to get round this we suggest listening/reading to some of the success stories. However some people while wanting it to work can see that it does, but for other people and not them.

Also Click Tracking Fear of Change, Fear of the Unknown/New, Fear of Failure, Fear of Success and PSTEC Positive suggestions to the effect “PSTEC will work for me quickly and easily”. Some will find these fears too vague to Click Track and not believe the Positive statements.

Continually Click Tracking and seemingly getting nowhere can just re-enforce the confirmation bias. While looking to “clear out” past memories is a logical sensible way forward and works for many, for some maybe not. So now we look to the future and help to create it. Wealth of Abundance helps here and now we have PSTEC and Mindfulness which explains how the process works and how to achieve it.

The prevailing pervasive mindset that we are all just victims of circumstance can be seen as just another confirmation bias. If you can get your head around this then you can see that creating a positive reality for yourself is a matter of creating a positive belief that good things have happened, do happen, will happen to you! PSTEC tools can equally be used in this direction. Keeping your head filled with the good stuff, drives out the bad stuff. Something I call being relentlessly positive.

Hopefully you can see where I have been coming from in the last few posts.

Peter

joerg
                      PSTEC User

Peter, Paul,

great advice here! Just what I needed. I did another PN on “nothing works” and it came out a bit better than last time although the resistance is still there. I will now CT this resistance I have following Peter's suggestions. I read that myopia is related to “fear of future” and astigmatism is related to “fear of 'seeing' ones self” so there must be some deep rooted fears that I need to release here. An event also came to mind where I, in my early twenties, expressed this to my girlfriend at the time. This probably goes back to when I was 17 again and I think that there is at least some aspect of fear of failure here. I PNed “fear of failure” and there was no resistance there at all, went through it like a breeze. I need to do PN this fear a couple more times though. I was thinking, perhaps this is a complex belief, ie several beliefs reinforcing each other?

On top of my head I can come up with:

• fear of failure
                        • fear of making mistakes
                        • fear of losing money
                        • fear of success
                        • fear of being inadequate
                        • fear of being a disappointment to others
                        • [/list]

The persistent negative feeling I have have gone down to about a 3 now. I tried CT this but to no avail. This time around it didn't get worse, which means there is some progress.

Thanks Paul for the counter examples, they are very good and exactly what I needed. I realize I hadn't really thought through my own counter examples that well.

Hmmm, as I now think of this I remember that perhaps there is an issue with expectations from my parents. That must have been around the age of 17 as grades for the university are just around the corner. That would tie in with that last fear in my list above. Funny what the sub can come up with!

I feel a little overwhelmed at the moment as these realizations come up to the surface. I need to go through all this and let it settle before I can proceed. I am very much open to more help on how to approach this as it seems a bit more complex than I first thought.

Cheers,
                          J

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 185 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.