Fear of loud and sudden noises… Lack of sleep.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bewider
    PSTEC User

I have a big issue with sudden noises. The apartment I'm living in has a sliding doors and the sudden hit I can hear from my neighbours often wakes me up and my body is getting really weak. Since I'm living abroad I can't move to other place and most of the apartments are like that, so need to resolve the problem inside.
      When I was about 10 years old, my classmate shot suddenly from the blank handgun in a small room and from the day I'm scared of everything which can make a sudden noise as well. Also I noticed I have an overreactive amygdala and tinnitus for a few years, which might be connected to the issue…

I would really appreciate any suggestions how to get rid of the fear etc…
      Thank you.
      Francis

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Francis
        Download the FREE Basic Click Tracks if you have not already done so. Listen to the Instructions first and then follow them.
        As you can remember the original incident so well, use that as your target memory while running the click tracks. Recall the shock, fear and distress you felt at that time. Replay this over and over while running the track and tapping to the Clicks and Tones. If there were other kids around at the time who perhaps later made fun of you for being scared of the bang, then add those in while tapping.
        Let us know how you get on with this.
        Peter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.