Insomnia is in control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dawn
    PSTEC User

Hi there,

I wonder if you have some tips for me in using PSTEC.

Within the past 4 days, I've downloaded the free tracks, PSTEC Level 1 and the Negative PSTEC. I've listened to most of the tutorials, and I've used the free tracks and the Accelerator tracks in hopes of being able to sleep.

The first 2 nights I used the Click Tracks and fell right asleep. The next 2 nights I've been awake until 3 or 4 am, using the CTs several times, adding the Accelerator, and then going back to my other attempts at sleeping (getting up to look at catalogs, reading on a dim reader). I am going to a 10-day conference tomorrow and I need to be able to sleep while I'm there, but I am doubtful that I can do this right, and overcome my fear of insomnia.

The insomnia began about 30 years ago when my daughter was born, and has gotten worse over the years.

I know PSTEC works, it worked! And now it appears my mind has come up with more blocks — this is normal for me tho' come to think of it, every “solution” I've found for insomnia has worked for 1 or 2 days, and then the insomnia arises again.

I wonder if you can give me some pointers on working with the Click Tracks. I am using the fear of not sleeping, a certain thought that arises and the feeling of it, but it doesn't work anymore. I tried using the fear/doubt that the CTs are working too, and that especially didn't work last night.

I do tend to be getting a headache from using them, so I am trying to just listen to the Tutorials during the day and listening to the CTs just as I go to bed at night.

Thank you for any support you can give me. I may be pressuring myself too much to do this by tomorrow … right?! Maybe I could do a CT on that!

Thank you so much.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Dawn

Given the time scale I would normally suggest Click Tracking what is worrying you the most NOW! However you seem to have tried that. While the original issue is still unresolved your mind can keep on coming up with issues a bit like coming up with excuses for not doing things.

Perhaps try Click Tracking that time 30 years ago, just try to recall and relive it while running the Click track.

Please let us know how you get on, if you have any more questions please again get back to me.
        Peter

Dawn
        PSTEC User

Hi Peter,

I added a question mark to the subject…b/c I don't believe that!

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, that's the one 30 years ago that I did last night…but now I feel as if a huge blockage is in front of me when I climb into bed to sleep. I believe “nothing will work to solve this insomnia” … so maybe I can bring this to the CT or to the Negative tracks…I haven't used the Negative(s) yet…would that be a good idea?

Thanks again,
          Dawn

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Dawn

If you hear yourself saying it “I believe nothing will work.. ” If you have been doing so for years then this is a good target for PSTEC Negative. First CT that thought, then the Negative. Perhaps not so much the thought but the feeling, that helplessness, first!

Peter

Dawn
            PSTEC User

Thank you Peter…I did use that thought with the Negative…didn't think to use it with the CT first … then I used the Accelerator, and we'll see how it goes tonight.

Thank you so much for your support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.