Loving using PSTEC with clients but ?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Tell us About your PSTEC Story Loving using PSTEC with clients but ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nik
    PSTEC User

Hi im loving trialling PSTEC with clients and getting great results, but on offering it via Skype the client asked me in a nice way why they needed to use a therapist if they could access it for free ? Has anyone else come up with similar questions and if so Im wondering how you responded ?

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Nik

PSTEC was designed to be self-user as the best person to solve their own issues is themselves. If they can use the FREE stuff successfully then that is brilliant. The ethos of PSTEC is of minimal reliance on therapists.

The potential number of clients for PSTEC is almost limitless as nearly everyone can benefit from it, however there will always be a number who for a variety of reasons cannot figure out how to use the PSTEC tools effectively or unwilling to do it for themselves. This is where therapists can step in and help the client along the road to self discovery and improvement. You might also have the benefit of using other therapies like EFT and be able to “mix and match” them in order to appeal to a wider clent base. Let them trial PSTEC for themselves and you can still be available if they need any “hand holding” and advice, there will always be some.

Peter

Stratos
        PSTEC User

advanced users seem to be able to create a combo stack of various pstec technologies to address their issues. it can be a bit bewildering to read.  some would pay for a therapist to assist with the recipe.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Nik,

Peter and Stratos nailed this.

From my own perspective, personal change does not mean you need to do it alone. Talk therapies remain popular, I would suggest, as many people like to have a sounding board and human connection – “a problem shared is a problem halved.”

It is the same reason why many people might choose a fitness coach, as opposed to doing it alone. It can speed up results, as the coach can suggest best practice and keep you accountable and “on task.”

So, speaking to someone who is skilled in a particular therapy (or therapies) who is also empathetic and on your side is a compelling option for many people – especially with a therapy which produces such outstanding results.

Just my two cents.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Sally Baker
            PSTEC User

I feel my job as a therapist is to help the client do their own detective work so that they can focus on core issues. I see it time and time again that the 'emotional heat' is in the nuance, the pauses and that's where I begin. I've had client's who have worked hard on their own as one great guy I worked with put it 'his own root canal work' and progress was one-hundred fold more effective and life changing when working with me for instance than on his own – and that's even via Skype which I always feel is second best to working with a client in the same room.

There are lots of people on the forum who spend extensive time working on their own. I'm always surprised they don't just invest in booking a therapist and get clear in a matter of a few sessions of really targeted work. But hey that's just my view.  Regards Sally

Karen Seinor
              PSTEC User

Hi Nic
                Ive been using PSTEC with clients for quite some time and never been asked that question. Its probably about how I introduce it I think.

As a Therapist, PSTEC is one of the tools I use with my clients (thats the headspace)…its part of the arsenal or knowledge base that is being accessed for their benefit and is a part of their treatment plan.

As the therapist, we have the capacity to quickly get to the core of the issue with the client – and thats where the benefit is – the clarity. From there, we can set them up to do their own 'home work' so that they can come in for their next session clearer and ready to move on to the next stage.

Thats my few cents worth :) trust it is of help.

Peter Bunyan
                PSTEC User

Karen

Thanks for your few cents worth, it was worth a lot more. I look forward to a few dollars worth of your advice.

Peter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.