mental block

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    freebird1234
    PSTEC User

I have discovered through using PSTEC that I have a rock solid, set in stone belief that I wont ever be able to go out alone again. It sounds crazy, but I feel like its 100% true when I think it. This in turn triggers off feelings of panic. Any ideas how to get started on undoing a belief i've been reaffirming everyday for four years?

K77
      PSTEC User

Hey, heres my 2 cents if it helps at all… I would use the CT on the “feelings if panic” which will reduce the levels dramatically. Then perhaps go with PP to then aim to turn the belief around in the favour you desire…. Or failing that maybe instead of PP theres a specific magic scentences program you could use if it's related to whats behind the issue. (think theres about 5 or 6 to choose from so far)

All the best,

Kay

oz
        PSTEC User

You can go back to when all of this started and click on the earliest memories.
          You can also do like a dry run, actually think of going out, stand up with the intention of heading out the front door, this will generate your negative feelings and you can run the click track on them.

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi freebird…

As K77 said, first look at the emotions and be sure to clear them as much as possible.

So often, people want to skip forward to PSTEC Positive (PP) … we all seem to want to jump to the positive stuff … therefore, we neglect the emotional aspect of change.  If the emotions are present and are contrary to what you wish to change, belief-wise, not only will you probably have problem changing that belief at all, but even if you do, it will, most likely, not be permanent.  Why?  Because if the emotions are still present, the subconscious is holding onto the emotional support for that belief; in this case, that you are cannot go out alone.

As Oz said, what was happening around the time you started feeling or knowing that you cannot go out alone?  You mentioned four years, what happened then or prior to that time?  Also, yes, as he said, use your imagination of leaving alone… how does that feel?  Rate it and keep track as you use the Click Tracks, EEF's and/or Accelerator Tapping Tracks.

Once the emotions are neutralized, sometimes the beliefs shift too, so once you have the emotions at 0-1, see how you are about leaving alone.

On beliefs…

Now, when the emotions are neutralized the beliefs might be your next target if needed… or, you can use PSTEC Positive as K77 said just for good measure.  Ah, but first, some questions:

• “I wont ever be able to go out alone again”… what does that mean?  Go out where, when?
            • What is your motivation for going out alone?  What are the benefits?  If you are able to go out alone, what would you do first?  These are important as motivation and also can be used in a PP statement(s).
            • Sally has done a Magic Sentence (MS) package on anxiety as well… but, again, before using MS, address the emotions.
            • [/list]
              First order though… address the emotions and then test it out.

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.