Meth addiction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    neecy
    PSTEC User

I wonder if I can get some advice on treating meth addiction and if this is possible using PSTEC? Thank you.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Neecy

I'm not a doctor so cannot give any medical advice. From a fast look on the internet there are no specific medications to counteract the the withdrawal symptoms but behavioural therapies have been shown to help. On that basis I do not see why PSTEC cannot assist in the process, but it would be as a part of a package of support and medical advice.

In order to get past what is likely to be a difficult time you will need to be able to visualise, imagine or picture in your mind, your future self clean, happy and healthier. You will need to give yourself something to aim for as a reward for enduring the tough time ahead.

PSTEC can help in this by removing any fears that you may have, of not be able to do it, of the stress and discomfort that might lay in wait for you, and others. PSTEC Positive can then re-enforce the target image of your successful future self and the belief that you can do it.

Given the powerful nature of chemical addiction you might need the support of a PSTEC therapist rather than just the self-help route. The register of PSTEC therapists is here.

Regards
        Peter

neecy
        PSTEC User

Thank you Peter, your advice is so helpful.

I am a professional over here working with clients. We have an ice (meth) epidemic, it is so sad and is affecting so many lives. I have a client I am working with and using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with, however although an excellent therapy many clients find it so hard to put into practice the mindfulness needed and to urge surf when the craving kicks in.

I have just passed the Level 1 and have the the Advanced ( haven't studied enough to take this exam yet : ). I also have the belief eraser. I am wondering if the 2015 tracks would be the way to go? Sorry for going on, but I would love to be able to make a difference. In terms of personal use I am amazed at the changes I have recently made. For example I really feel uncomfortable re. someone I work with, and was seriously thinking of just resigning. Through using the free tracks I was able to walk back in with a truly confident and cheerful demeanor without giving the person much thought at all.

I am still getting my head around how powerful PSTEC is.  :)

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi neecy

Yep PSTEC is powerful! I am sure it could help. However Meth addiction can lead to permanent brain damage and psychosis some time after withdrawal symptoms. This suggests to me that long term ongoing support would be a good thing.

Peter

neecy
            PSTEC User

Thank you Peter, I will keep working on it.  :)

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Hi neecy

As an afterthought it seems to me that Cascade Release might be another tool to use for addiction. It seems good for issues where it is possible to clearly remember a time before the onset of that issue.

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.