My mother is narcissist

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SilentBob
    PSTEC User

Thanks. Because my mother was belittling me, I have this problem (one of many, exactly):
      If I want something of people, it’s very easy for me to give up. My thinking is like:
      I don’t want to bother him (or her) now. If I phone call him now, maybe he is sleeping after dinner. Or maybe he is busy and I’ll distract him. Now is not good time, etc. So, I give up, very often. How to solve this?

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi SilentBob,

Thanks for your posts and for continuing to work through this.

“Because my mother was belittling me, I have this problem (one of many, exactly):
        If I want something of people, it’s very easy for me to give up. My thinking is like:
        I don’t want to bother him (or her) now. If I phone call him now, maybe he is sleeping after dinner. Or maybe he is busy and I’ll distract him. Now is not good time, etc. So, I give up, very often. How to solve this?”

Firstly, I would recommend getting in touch with the feelings and thoughts you have before you ask something of someone.

It could be that you have the thought that it is bad to bother people, or that you will be punished in some way.

Get really clear on the worst aspects of that. What are the worst case scenarios of asking for something?

– Being indebted?

– Being criticised or punished?

– Someone thinking less of you (e. g. being annoyed by your request) ?

– Inconveniencing someone in some way?

Make this real, using the very scenarios you have experienced or fear experiencing again, and stay with the feelings you experience (or the imagined outcomes).

Click Track it until you can picture the worst-case scenarios and feel fine or neutral about them. It is making peace with possibilities and this will free you up.

I recommend that you work through all aspects of this. It will, I expect, prove to be very effective.

In terms of beliefs, check in with the following and eliminate any (using PSTEC Negative or the Belief Blasters) which resonate (e. g. say the statements out loud) and using the specific instructions of each belief-clearing tool:

– “My needs don’t matter” 

– “It is bad to ask for what I want” 

– “Other people’s feelings are more important than mine”

– “I have to do everything myself”

– “Asking for help is a sign of weakness” 

– “Asking for what I want means someone else will be hurt” 

– “I am a nuisance” 

– “If I ask someone for something, it will be used against me” 

– “I have to stay hidden, so I won’t be hurt” 

– “It is scary for people to be annoyed at me” 

After running either track, check to see whether the beliefs feel true. One BB, for example, is usually enough. Some people need to run the track a couple or few times. Just do what is right for you.

Then, I would recommend running a simple PQT:

“I am now completely at ease asking for what I need” 

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

SilentBob
        PSTEC User

Thanks Paul,

I am still working on this. But, in the meantime I had one idea. Yesterday I cleared this belief using BB:

I was afraid of authority.

And result is really great! I feel much more confident today and I felt big change. Wow! 🙂 I wanted to share this.

SilentBob
          PSTEC User

My mother told in another room, so I can hear: Without me, he will die of hunger. That hurted me a lot. I felt bad. That is also belittling and she is doing that “tactics”  intentionally to me, many times. I don’t know how to deal with it.

On the other hand, my father was ignoring me. He almost never address directly to me or talking to me. Only sometimes officially, like some clerk. He died 20 years ago, but I still have problem how to speak to some stranger. Or even to people I know.

SilentBob
            PSTEC User

I also want to say that I gradually feel better. It’s slow process but I am very satisfied. 🙂 Thanks for help.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.