Old relationship is still bothering me I need some help

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Relationships and Rejection Old relationship is still bothering me I need some help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 post (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul McCabe
    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Peter,

I totally agree with what you wrote and I am sorry that my initial post did not make that more clear.

It would not be the feelings of love being de-linked from individual memories (“the good times” etc.) that I think would resolve the issue. Rather, it would be feeling of possible desire for the person *right now*. It could be that Melissa has not let the relationship go, as it were.

I agree that having strong love for people is an amazing thing and it would surely make a huge difference in the world if more people would embrace the idea, but unrequited love or unfulfilled desire might be supporting the problem in Melissa's case. That is just a theory, of course.

To get to the place where she can love her ex-partner and remember the happy times, but not be “in love” or feeling bad about herself would be very liberating, I believe.

Melissa, you also mentioned “I have not been able let go of the rejection.” I appreciate it has been very difficult for you.

Two questions:

1) How do you know *you* were rejected (and not just that your ex-partner had issues that made commitment a problem at that time, for instance)?

2) What would happen if you *did* let go of the feelings of rejection?

With question two, your answer *may* suggest that you feel a need to hold onto that or those feelings, as these may be preventing you from experiencing future hurts (i.e. self-protection). For example, “If I get too involved again, I will be rejected.”

These may help you get more focus on what to CT.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 11 post (of 11 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.