PSTEC during/before triggering situations ?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start PSTEC during/before triggering situations ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nakhan
    PSTEC User

Hi:)

There are a few simple questions I have and I haven't heard clear answers in the instructions :

Tim always encourages using the CTs on memories and imagined situations, but what about present moment triggering situations ?

For example I am in a situation where I get emotionally triggered, is it useful in that case to isolate myself from the situation and use the CTs on my present feelings ?

Is it a good strategy to use the CTs everyday to clear out what's been triggering during the day ? Or is it going to be less effective than to explore childhood/past memories ?

Also the positive aspects : Is hypnosis a good option to use right after the CTs to generate positive feelings/beliefs ?

Thank you :)

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Hi:)

There are a few simple questions I have and I haven't heard clear answers in the instructions :

Tim always encourages using the CTs on memories and imagined situations, but what about present moment triggering situations ?

For example I am in a situation where I get emotionally triggered, is it useful in that case to isolate myself from the situation and use the CTs on my present feelings ?

Is it a good strategy to use the CTs everyday to clear out what's been triggering during the day ? Or is it going to be less effective than to explore childhood/past memories ?

Also the positive aspects : Is hypnosis a good option to use right after the CTs to generate positive feelings/beliefs ?

That is the best time to do it. I was recently going “mad” with a perfection program – feeling overwhelmed while choosing paint colors in my house. I finally sat on the couch in the room thinking about all of that and clicktracked until it was all gone.

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi Nakhan

If you can isolate yourself and use CTs, good! If not then FREE PSTEC and Mindfulness which is a long tutorial gives you the understanding and a range of techniques to counter negative emotions and behaviours almost anywhere and anytime without needing any kit or hardware. This then is ideal for “in the moment” problems. Also there is a specific package for Stress in the Moment which might also be what you need.

Use CTs for what concerns you most at the time, be that recent or something from your past.
          Organising and writing down list of things to CT and working through one or more everyday is a good strategy. Start with those things which you feel most concerned about. What is triggering you is most likely something related to past memories which are the at the root of the problem. If you know what they are then working with the original causative memories is the most effective way forward as long as you can access them.

For the positive side: Using PSTEC packages in sequence can be very effective we would suggest starting with CTs then PSTEC Negative, then PSTEC Positive, this could be followed with PSTEC Accelerators. There are also some PSTEC Hypnotic tracks. For example FREE “Wealth of Abundance” and the “Time Machine“. PSTEC Positive works with simple short positive statements and broadly speaking hypnosis better for more complex scenarios. For WofA just relax and listen but Time Machine requires some subject planning in advance, listen to the instructions first.

Keep on asking questions.
          Peter

Nakhan
          PSTEC User

Hello!

Thanks for the quick replies !

That is the best time to do it. I was recently going “mad” with a perfection program – feeling overwhelmed while choosing paint colors in my house. I finally sat on the couch in the room thinking about all of that and clicktracked until it was all gone.

Thank you. :)

If you can isolate yourself and use CTs, good! If not then FREE PSTEC and Mindfulness which is a long tutorial gives you the understanding and a range of techniques to counter negative emotions and behaviours almost anywhere and anytime without needing any kit or hardware. This then is ideal for “in the moment” problems. Also there is a specific package for Stress in the Moment which might also be what you need.

Thank you. I will download for the PSTEC Mindfulness audio for now.

Use CTs for what concerns you most at the time, be that recent or something from your past.
            Organising and writing down list of things to CT and working through one or more everyday is a good strategy. Start with those things which you feel most concerned about. What is triggering you is most likely something related to past memories which are the at the root of the problem. If you know what they are then working with the original causative memories is the most effective way forward as long as you can access them.

Perfect thank you.
            When working on a past memory that may be the root for something, how do I know when to stop, if I wasn't feeling anything to start with, when connecting to it ?
            Should that be intuitive ?

For the positive side: Using PSTEC packages in sequence can be very effective we would suggest starting with CTs then PSTEC Negative, then PSTEC Positive, this could be followed with PSTEC Accelerators. There are also some PSTEC Hypnotic tracks. For example FREE “Wealth of Abundance” and the “Time Machine”. PSTEC Positive works with simple short positive statements and broadly speaking hypnosis better for more complex scenarios. For WofA just relax and listen but Time Machine requires some subject planning in advance, listen to the instructions first.

Thank you !

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi Nakhan

Re “…how do I know when to stop..”.  You use the perception of emotional intensity scale, the 0-10 count.

Use this before and after the Click Tracks, it is important. The results will tell you that the Click Tracks are working and this makes them work even more effectively. You can also rate issues on a list in order to asess what to work on first, (the highest numbers). While the scale cannot be numericaly accurate, it is a good guide as long as you learn to trust that number that first pops into your head. If you get a low number 1 or 2 then with time the issue may go away or perhaps it indicates that this can now be worked on with  PSTEC Positive or another package.

If you do not know what I am talking about I will go through it on another post.
              Peter

Nakhan
              PSTEC User

Today I had a meeting and I was starting to feel anxious about 2 hours before.

Since I was in emotion, I started CT it, and to my surprise it did not go down much.

For almost 1h30 I did CTs (free and EEFs) on it, but when the time of the meeting came, I was still feeling that pressure in my chest and anxiety.

I feel that since the event was real and about to come, it was maybe harder.
                But I was really feeling the emotions, focusing on the event. Memories were coming into my mind, and I was also focusing on the worst case scenario.

I was able to get the tapping right as well. Although generally I don't hear much of what Tim says, being focused on the tapping and events/emotions. I do hear when he says to open the eyes etc.

Would you have any advice regarding the emotion not going down when all seems to go right ?

Peter Bunyan
                PSTEC User

Hi Nakhan

But I was really feeling the emotions, focusing on the event. Memories were coming into my mind, and I was also focusing on the worst case scenario.

Were all of these during one play-through or seperate on differnet play-throughs?
                  CTs generally work better with one focus at a time rather than flipping from one to another.

Since you were concerned with an imminent meeting I would expect to just CT that event going wrong.

IMO, anxiety is a number of fears that flip-flop or skip through rapidly, faster than you can consciously recognize or identify them, (the subconscious is faster than the conscious). This might explain why the CTs do not always work as well as expected. If you can isolate the individual fears that make up the anxiety and work on them seperately then this might work better for you.

I might have to ask you some more precise personal questions rather than just throw in some ideas as above. You can use the Private Messaging on this forum if you do not feel able to share the more personal stuff.
                  Peter

Nakhan
                  PSTEC User

Generally during the CT a few or many different scenarios/memories come into my mind while I feel the emotions. So I just observe them while focusing mostly on the feelings.

Maybe I am being too impatient ?

Here it was mainly anxiety about public speaking, speaking in front a several people. Nothing else really.

Paul McCabe
                    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Nakhan,

Just to add to what Peter wrote:

You seem to be making some really great progress and, if you continue to work through this, I believe you will be amazed at the results… as well as some transformations in your perceptions.

There are different ways of using the CTs: using the various Click Tracks can be very helpful, so that you are not “habituated” to one particular track. Which PSTEC tracks/tutorials do you have?

If you are feeling impatient, CT the feeling of impatience. That can be a big help, as sometimes impatience can get in the way.

In general (and this goes back to your original post), I recommend “immersion”, but trust your instincts. You can always take time off, if you feel that is helpful. You will get a feel for this.

It can be useful to think of your behaviour/emotions as a pattern. There can be different aspects to a pattern and working through it systematically can be very worthwhile. For public speaking fears, some beliefs and conditioning would underlie such a pattern.

These tend to be a mixture of self-esteem beliefs (“I'm not good enough.”), beliefs about speaking in public itself (“public speaking is scary”) and conditioned responses (e.g. fear associated with people putting attention on you).

Anxiety about public speaking is the presenting problem, but I would contend that this is just a symptom of the REAL underlying problem.

So, you could break it down this way:

– What exactly do you dread/fear?

– What memories or imagined outcomes come up when you think of the event or events (e.g. speaking in public)?

– What are your earliest memories of feeling like this?

– What do you believe about yourself, other people and life in general (when thinking of this pattern)?

– What are the “worst case scenarios” you are imagining?

– Do those worst case scenarios have pictures, sounds or feelings attached?

You can use these questions to direct your focus.

There are many more questions you could use to access the patterns but, as Peter mentioned, focusing on one aspect at a time might be the very best approach for you. It will also reduce the possibility of overwhelm.

Once you target this well, you might be amazed how quickly the whole “house of cards” comes tumbling down.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Peter Bunyan
                      PSTEC User

Hi Nakhan

In addition to Pauls comments. Would it have made a difference if the people you were presenting to were all your friends or family, or all male or all female, or all older or all younger than you? Would the group size be important would it feel different if the group was only 3 or 9 or 30 or 300 etc? If any of these make a difference this might be a pointer to the underlying cause. You knew about this event in advance, would it have felt better or worse if you knew about it even earlier or were thrown into it a couple of minutes beforehand?

Social anxiety is about things you expect to happen even if subconsciously. Because this expectation make you feel anxious everytime you notice or think about the expected happening you feel even more anxious, a loop of thinking and feeling that builds up, sometimes very rapidly.

You are expecting a loss of self esteem/worth something that makes you feel bad. You might feel that others are laughing at you, or think that you are stupid, or weak, or ugly or all sorts of less than complimentary things. Worse they might even say it, rude or insulting words, worse still in front of others. If any of this resonates with you then again they clues as to what the original situation was.  This might suggest more accurate targets to CT or the construction of a more accurate worst case to CT.

Peter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.