Removing Speech Patterns – Um, Ah….You Know, OK

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Removing Speech Patterns – Um, Ah….You Know, OK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Hey guys – Tim mentioned in one of his tutorials that he removed the sticking points in his speech just the day previously of making the tutorial to get rid of Um, Ah….You Know, OK etc.

Can someone tell me what tools he used to do this and what beliefs, phrases etc he used to deinstall/install?

I do some voiceover work and it would save me a lot of time editing these out! :)

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi plus1g,

From listening to the tutorial, I understood that Tim used PSTEC Positive to implant positive suggestions about his speech.

I would recommend suggestions like “I will speak clearly on this upcoming voiceover,” “I feel at ease when I am speaking”, “I let my speech flow” and “I let myself enjoy speaking in public.”

Another aspect to this (and this refers back to my another thread) is that the “umms” and “ahhs” can be a consequence of mental tiredness, overthinking your performance or possibly even a belief.

So, beliefs such as “mistakes are bad”, “I'm a bad speaker” and “public speaking is scary” might be at play. You might look at those statements and intellectually assess that you can't possibly hold such beliefs. To test it: say each statement out loud. If it feels uncomfortable to say it, you probably hold the belief and can work on eliminating each belief.

Remember to “prime the pump” and logically counter each belief. This makes a huge difference to the process, in my experience.

I hope this helps. If you need any clarification or further assistance, please let me know.

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi plus1g & Paul

plus1 – Assuming your voice-over is unscripted then I would expect any “sticking points” to be generated by fear, underlying fears like, fear of running out of words to say, fear of sounding like a fool, fear of nobody wanting to hear what you are saying, fear of making a mistake. These and similar might just be put down to “lack of confidence” but it is really the other way round, the fears are the cause. So Click Track that fear first, before using Positive or Negative.

Even recording a scripted session it is important to be relaxed in order to sound relaxed. In order to quickly get into a relaxed state you can use the first part of the Click Track to the point where Clicking starts, Focus on a spot on a wall, keep eyes open until told to close them etc.

Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.