The Anger Flush – Get started w PSTEC – Intentionally Release Anger

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics The Anger Flush – Get started w PSTEC – Intentionally Release Anger

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Tim and others here always suggest it is a good idea to release anger first. Often this can be tricky as we don't want to because we believe we need to hang on to it for some reason, maybe protection? As if it serves us in some positive and purposeful way. NOT!

We also don't always know where to start and get stalled due to overwhelm and procrastination. So…

Here is an approach to begin using the Clicktracks to intentionally release anger from your past that is secretly affecting you in the present. I did follow an exercise similar to this myself until Tim's newest track was released “No More Anger”. This process was very clear and was easier to share here.

This info comes from the book “Is Anyone Listening – Repairing Broken Lines in Couples Communication” by Sandra Michaelson. While this book primarily focuses on intimate relationships, the resulting benefits will also be very apparent in social and working relationships. You will not only experience life much differently but you will also experience a shift in how others interact with you as you remove each one. I suggest anyone read it.

https://www.amazon.com/Anyone-Listening-Repairing-Couples-Communication/dp/1882631307

One can use the traditional process as per the original instructions and use the clicktracks on any feeling that has a negative charge. Another option would be to use the “why technique”. http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/why-technique/

Alternatively, no more anger https://pstecaudiosource.org/no-more-anger and/or the anger loop http://pstecaudiosource.org/pstec-advanced can be used with this, simply think about each of the scenarios every day while you listen to the track and try hard to feel the feelings. These tracks can supersede the need to remove all of this using clicktracks though some of the examples below might have a general and immediate need so you could remove these at the same time using any of the emotional clicktracks (free basic, eef, 2015).

Enjoy!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Anger Flush

Much of our anger is an accumulation of injustices and grievances for which we are holding others responsible. How can we come to terms with our anger? The first step is to own it and not blame others for it. In other words, whether or not the other person harmed or offended you is not that relevant. What is more important is recognition of what you are doing to yourself through your reaction to his comments or behaviors.

Owning our anger is done through an anger flush. This involves making a list of all the people or situations (past and present) you feel angry about or with whom you may be harboring intense grudges.

For each person or situation, write out why you are angry. Try to recognize the feelings that underlie your anger. Most angry reactions are defenses intended to cover-up an unconscious willingness to recreate and replay the following unresolved emotions from our past. These emotions fall into three major categories:

1. Emotions involving deprival or refusal: Feeling denied, held up, made to wait, missing out, not getting what you want, drained, taken from, not given to, starved out, and disappointed.

2. Emotions involving control: Feeling helpless, suffocated, taken advantage of, used, ripped off, violated, tricked, lied to, intimidated, trapped, pushed around,
      thwarted, forced to submit, imposed upon, and having one’s perceptions dismissed.

3. Emotions involving rejection: Feeling not taken seriously, made a fool of, unappreciated, ignored, not validated, not supported, let down, betrayed, scolded, ridiculed, and condemned; feeling abandoned, insignificant, neglected, excluded, seen as bad, criticized, unfairly accused, misunderstood, not heard, acknowledged, or recognized.

From this list, ask yourself, “Do I have a sensitivity to any of these feelings? Do I look for ways to feel offended or disapproved of? In what ways do I disapprove of myself?”

Then ask yourself where and when you have experienced these same feelings in your past: “Who in my past treated me in a similar manner?” Keep in mind it is your unconscious willingness to participate in those feelings that causes you to detest them (defend or protest against them) so intensely. This procedure alone may diffuse your anger and help you to see how you could have misinterpreted the comments or behaviors of others or how you personalize their character deflects or flaws.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Good stuff, Brian.

Anger, like a lot of emotions, can indeed be a tricky one for some people to eliminate…simply because they do not want to eliminate it and therefore they will not even try. They might assume that anger is intrinsic to certain events. In some cases, anger can arise when someone feels powerless, so it is like taking away an emotional crutch.

Other times, people can get angry for physiological reasons – like lack of sleep, too much of caffeine or physical ailments. Not everyone would experience this, of course.

Other people may feel angry, but not admit to holding the emotion…as they are embarrassed about feeling angry. They might therefore repress the emotion.

Some people get rewarded when they get angry, or get a sense of emotional certainty when expressing anger. It might feel better than, say, hopelessness.

Anger can make some people stand out and it can bond them with others.

You also see a lot of this online and it is a nightly occurrence on the TV news: some “outrage” that is meant to evoke anger, and then showing people (or even groups) expressing anger. These things are positioned to trigger anger.

Then, you can get into the secondary benefits of anger. If you express anger about something, it can earn you attention or might even suggest to others that you might “care” more about an issue.  More measured, relaxed behaviour can be construed as a lack of concern.This is a subtle little virus in our western culture, I believe. You might see it when a sports team loses a game, and one of the players or coaches is lambasted for not showing enough anger. Seemingly, in this context, he who displays most anger CARES more.

It is something of a blind spot and it would not be unusual for some people to want to remove the “cause” (“he makes me angry”, “that situation makes my blood boil!”) of anger, but not the actual anger. The “cause”, however, is not really the cause. It just seems that way.

There are many dimensions to this and, as we know, PSTEC can completely eliminate these and numerous other patterns. It is just a case of ensuring that people can recognise them that anger does not really serve them.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

One addition to this is a feeling in the anger category that I would recommend to start with. Any and all frustration.

The following exceprt is from the book “How To Solve Almost Any Sexual Problem The Easy Way” by Tim it has been slightly modified but I believe it applies to most situations.

Before doing this though you should use the PSTEC Click Tracks on any frustration if it exists….To do this, think only about the situation you want to resolve and try only to feel frustration about it as you run the Click Track and follow the tapping sequences. Reducing the frustration is an important step because frustration adversely affects your ability to work on expectations and beliefs. By reducing feelings of frustration you will find it easier to change your expectations and beliefs .Your purpose in lowering any feelings of frustration with Click Tracks is threefold.

– You lower frustration to make you feel happier and more relaxed
          – You lower frustration to allow changes in belief and expectation to be created more effectively
          – You also lower frustration because frustration about anything goes hand in hand with doubt

It is also a good idea to run CT just on anything you can think of that is frustrating in general.

More on frustration in this post: http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/frustration-tip-the-secret-feeling-to-remove-first-for-more-freedom-faster/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.