Things you used to love doing becoming a choir

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Procrastination Things you used to love doing becoming a choir

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

You can also blast the belief everything is a massive effort

Looking back through your posts you have a pattern that is linking your ability to “do” to your feelings/emotions. I had one that was:

I can’t be productive when I am emotionally upset or even “i can’t do anything when I am emotionally upset

I just clickedtracked that feeling and felt everything around it particularly the upset piece.

In a simple form, something like this is a negative thought loop because it is your mind saying “i can’t/unable______________(move forward, succeed, do anything, function, go anywhere etc) because of the way I feel (upset, angry, sad etc.)” or even “when I feel this way” and then feel whatever feelings they are and so… “Because I can’t _________ (move forward, succeed, do anything, function, go anywhere etc) I feel (upset, angry, sad etc.)” often times upset, anger and grief can simply be the reinforcing emotion.

Another example is “i can’t do anything because I don’t have any money/because I am always broke”

There is another one that I see a lot – particularly with those that have been in abusive relationships – which is “I am a victim and I can’t/will never/unable to recover” This must be loop must be clicktracked down as far as possible and then hit a few times with a PQT “I completely recovered from whatever I experienced because I survived” and “I completely recovered because I survived whatever I experienced”

Another one that can make a huge difference in a short time is to simply clicktrack the feelings around the belief  I’m not ok the way I am. You can  take it a step further and ct a bunch of other stuff with it I’m not _______ (good, good enough, worthy, valuable, acceptable, loveable, important etc) the way I am.

I would also suggest no matter what that you install these beliefs with a long PQT (everyone should)

I want to experience all of my feelings fully and completely now

I will automatically experience any feelings fully and completely now

I automatically and instantly feel emotions safely and completely now

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

The other example is  “i can’t/unable/won’t be able to etc______________(move forward, succeed, do anything, function, go anywhere, focus, make progress etc) when I feel (upset, angry, sad etc.)” or even “when I feel this way” and then feel whatever feelings they are and so… “Because I can’t _________ (move forward, succeed, do anything, function, go anywhere etc) I feel (upset, angry, sad etc.)” often times upset, anger and grief can simply be the reinforcing emotion.

Essentially you are making self sabotaging excuses based on your emotional condition.

I have someone I work with who says to me “I have to be really careful of the way I feel and exercise or I won’t have a high energy level and won’t get anything done and be productive.”

“There are days I have to force myself and push through things that I don’t want to do because I am not as young and energetic as I used to be and don’t have the drive or inspiration that I used to but I know I need to do it”

This is 100% a mind model loop he is locked into.

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Another common one is “I cant do anything/move forward until I feel better/like it/ etc” or something along these lines

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post and my apologies for the late reply.

Further to what Brian wrote, I just wanted to address some of your questions:

Now when I think “nothing ever went smoothly for me” I feel a little cheated, like “life is unfair”. Now that’s another belief that is underneath it? So what do I do here, because in reality I could spend days and days if not perhaps weeks or more going round all the negative beliefs that could surface from “nothing ever went smoothly for me” before I ever had any solid sense of change. 

You are correct. You could spend days or weeks blasting beliefs. Oftentimes, however, addressing one or two core beliefs takes out a whole cluster of “offshoot” beliefs, thoughts and behaviours. It is all linked really.

I do recommend taking out the beliefs that are getting in your way, as these will impact other areas of your life.

I do not wish to be prescriptive. However,  chipping off a bit each time will change the pattern. There does not have to be anything dramatic or ceremonial when a tipping-point is reached. You would just find that you feel absolutely fine about the thing(s) about which you used to feel a bit “meh.”

So, you could perhaps take out one big belief per day, or simply layer in some positive suggestions to tip the balance. Either way is fine, and you can combine them.

You mention the feeling of being “cheated.” This is also something you could hunt out, and aim the Click Tracks at early experiences where you felt cheated or where you intuited your efforts were or might be in vain.

Furthermore, what is the worst thing that might happen if you achieved your goals? What or who might change? What would you have to do or be that you do not want to do or be?  What might you lose (e. g. freedom, connection)?

There might be something here, Daniel. There often is. You do not have to figure it all out. Just notice what you are noticing and apply the PSTEC tool that feels most appropriate for you.

I also wanted to acknowledge that you may already recognise you have internal resources and memories where you know you can do these tasks – meditation, exercise, answering emails etc.

You also know that you did many of those things on autopilot and without feeling outstanding all the time.  Part of the human experience is that we often know what we “should” do, yet not always do it. There is usually something underneath this and it can also be very transitory.

This is why the PQTs can be the perfect tool for bypassing resistance. You can simply layer in suggestions where you acknowledge you will do the tasks, because they are beneficial. You can also embed suggestions where you turn down the heat on yourself.

Another suggestion which might help is:

“I now absolutely forgive myself for letting my standards slip” 

You could also layer in:

“Even if I didn’t do things perfectly, I relax and keep going” 

You do not have to be too disheartened when you do not do things perfectly, and I trust these suggestions will prove beneficial for you.

Feel free to re-word these suggestions as you see fit.

I hope this helps, Daniel. Please keep us updated.

Paul 😊

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

Paul – This is a wonderful suggestion! “Even if I didn’t do things perfectly, I relax and keep going” 

Thank you for sharing.

I’ll add that with Tim’s emphasis on expected outcomes — expectations — a suggestion that can create a very freeing shift is.

“Even if things didn’t turn out as expected, I relax and keep going” 

“Even if things didn’t happen as expected, I relax and keep going” 

These are a 3x install for sure. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.