Traumatic Experience – Prevent forming of negative beliefs

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Traumatic Experience – Prevent forming of negative beliefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kimcha
    PSTEC User

Hi,

Something negative just happened to me and I am worried I will make conclusions based on this event that are going to negatively affect me.

Do you guys know how to identify beliefs you may be forming and the best ways to discharge them before they become real beliefs?

Thanks!

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kimcha,

Thanks for your post and question.

We are, by nature, meaning-makers and there will be feelings associated with the meanings we make/conclusions we reach – this is what we are hardwired to do.

The first meaning you made was that something negative happened to you. You probably based this on the feelings you had/have about the event.

In that case, you can “Click Track as things come up.” As you were negatively impacted, you can try hard to feel the unwanted feelings and CT them down to 0 or 1. When you are neutral about something, you will naturally make different conclusions.

So, go with the feelings first.

To check in with any beliefs you may have formed or which might be influencing your experience, you may wish to ask “what did I conclude about myself, people or life based on this event?”

It will typically be something simple like “I am…”, “People are…”, “Life is…”

There may be more than one belief at play.

If it is something more context-based (e.g. around a certain person, or within work or school), it is probaby not a core belief. Core beliefs like “I am not capable” are typically formed in early childhood. They help influence our thoughts, actions and reactions.

Then, when you identify the belief or conclusion you reached, you can blast it.

These are different ways to achieve the same outcome, so you have some flexibility here.

I hope that helps.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Kimcha
        PSTEC User

Thanks Paul, that's awesome and super helpful advice. And I will follow it.

Yes, I don't think this will create core beliefs, but it is a negative experience with an investment. So I am worried it will create negative beliefs around money and investing.

So this should help me resolve it all very well.

Thank you.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kimcha,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for my delay in responding.

In general, the Click Tracks on their own would handle experiences like this. If you felt panic or guilt about a trade, for instance, neutralising such emotions would likely have a positive impact on your behaviour….or just leave you feeling much freer.

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Kimcha
            PSTEC User

Thanks Paul. You rock!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.