Reply To: PSTEC for a child w/ a phobia

Sally Baker
PSTEC User

I would like to add emphasis to everything Jeff has said. I don't think it is feasible to use PSTEC with your daughter as it's too big an ask to get her to concentrate and follow Tim's instructions.

I clearly can see the benefit of you clearing your own thoughts and emotions about what is happening with your daughter so that you can be calm and relaxed about this issue at all times – the unconditional positive regard that enables our children to flourish and thrive.

I've had some experience working with children as young as 8 and 9 year old with Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) via 'Tappy Bear'  (which I'm not sure are sold any more). The teddy bear has the tapping points on it and it becomes a game for the child who can talk and express their fears and concerns through the bear. It feels very safe for them.

It sounds as though you are doing your very best and getting the right medical advice too. Your on-going situation obviously brings your daughter a lot of attention (even if linked to her discomfort) so again it's important to be clear yourself so that you can deal with this is a non-judgemental and open way.