Reply To: Night eating disorder
First of all, be sure to consider these 3 with PSTEC:
- Emotions … using the Click Tracks (CT), EEF’s and/or Accelerator Tapping Tracks (ATT)
- Beliefs … using PSTEC Positive (PP), PP Extra Power and/or ATT
- Behaviors … same as beliefs
[/list]Begin by addressing the emotions you feel… without assessing in conversation
and merely taking from your post it's difficult to be specific so…
… delve a little deeper and find some “why's”:
- How do you feel before getting up to eat?
- When you eat late at night how does it make you feel?
- In what way does the eating satisfy you?
- What if you don't get up and eat how would you feel?
[/list]Begin to look for emotions and feelings around the reason for
getting up to eat as well as the feelings about yourself for doing this.
So, let's say, you are aware of a feeling of anxiety just before getting up
to eat. You could CT the anxiety while imagining that moment, but I would
delve a little deeper into the source of your anxiety.
Another example is when you eat, you may notice you feel relief. You can
imagine eating late at night while TRYING HARD to feel that relief and CT
that “good feeling” that you feel when eating late at night. So, what you
are doing here is looking to neutralize emotional reasons for eating.
Also, consider some of the thoughts around this issue… they expose beliefs…
and look to address those by crafting PSTEC Positive (PP) Statements and then
using the PP tracks to shift those beliefs.
So, to summarize, begin by assessing a bit through questions. Ask the questions of yourself and listen for the answers and watch the feelings that arise when you do to determine where to target your PSTEC Tools.