Reply To: "thin-skinned"

Jeff Harding
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Mahalo for the responses thus far Peter and Paul … where's Mary? (ok, sorry about that)  :P  I'm leavin' on a jet plane … I don't know when I'll be back again (ok, I'm reeeeeaallly sorry this time!)    ;)

When bothered by other people's opinions, consider more specific examples of events (memories), specific situations (i.e. “It doesn't bother me when someone calls me stupid but if they say I'm a moron … argggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!”)or specific people.  When you use those specifics, they may be more effective and also reveal more to you.  In other words, the more specific, the more terrific your results for the most part.

Here are some general suggestions along the subject for PP …

(Name) doesn't bother me any more”

“I don't care what (name) says or thinks”

“I don’t care what other people think of me”

“When other people give their opinions I remain calm and confident”

“People’s opinions do not bother me”

“Other people don't define who and what I am”

“I am imperturbable”

“If someone does not approve of me I remain at peace because I define my worth”

“Only I can determine my worth”

Aloha!
    Jeff

Note: This note is for anyone wanting to claim, 'You can't use the word “don't” in a PP sentence because the sub will disregard it and take the negative as a suggestion.

Now, I can't put someone's limiting belief to rest with one little note here if they want to maintain that belief, but, suffice to say, that claim is not entirely true.

For example, let's say someone comes to me and say, “That guy insulted you; what are you going to do about it?”  And I say, “I don't care what other people say about me.”
    You see the statement… sound like one of the PP above?

For me, personally, that is a strong belief not only consciously, but subconsciously.

Now, notice above there are some “don't words” and the like, but also some sentences that are downright positive, i.e. “I am imperturbable”  … so, keep in mind to mix them up if needed.

Sometimes we need to express something with some fervor, “I don't care what other think about me”, in order to shift out of the limiting mind model and, once out, then we can move into more straight up positives.