Reply To: How to REALLY try to hold on to the negative memory/feeling with click tracks

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start How to REALLY try to hold on to the negative memory/feeling with click tracks Reply To: How to REALLY try to hold on to the negative memory/feeling with click tracks

Brian Tucker
PSTEC User

Matthew – I make all kinds of weird faces, wriggle around on the bed trying to find the best way to try to physically recreate the feeling as hard as I can while holding it.

Sometimes I have to lay a certain way to recreate the feeling, then move a little bit and shift positioning of my body depending on where that negative physical feeling is located at in my body.

Depending on the emotion, you may feel like you are straining, struggling, holding your breath etc. This is normal and good but not necessary. It's been noted that what matters is that you try as hard as you can to recreate the feeling, even if you really can't. Of course if you have just had an event and the negative feeling is fresh, that's a perfect time to go click track it! If you can;t do it right then, wrote it down on a piece of paper or in your phone and do it as soon as you can.

Here is another tip I was successful with. When you feel like you have tried as hard as you can and get the negative feeling down to a 1 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, give it one more run. This time, completely relax your body while trying to recreate what little low level emotional charge is left. I find that when I do this it really makes a difference. Usually after this last run of the track and a good night's rest there is nothing left the next day.

Hope this helps.