Reply To: Dealing with fear when feelings are only present in fearful situations

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your post. You're most welcome.

I would recommend seeing how you get on with the Free Click Tracks for now.

It sounds like you have a “fear of the fear”, which is quite a common pattern.

Fearful public speakers can get this. They might fear what people will think of them if they get nervous during a speech. Exhibiting signs of fear would therefore be something they actively seek to avoid.

What is the worst aspect of the fear coming up when you are out in public? What are you imagining could happen?

Those are things you could certainly Click Track.

You might imagine that you do vomit in public and hold onto the feelings of embarrassment while Click Tracking.

I recommend, as you are using the Free CT, to work on one issue per play of the track and CT until the feeling cannot be produced. The SUD is just a barometer, so you can use your own – extreme, strong, medium, weak, neutral etc.

For focus: simply associate with the memory or imagined outcome whilst TRYING to bring up the unwanted emotion.

You might benefit from writing it down, so it is conceptualised – “fear associated with the doctor's appointment”, “fear of being sick in public”, “fear associated with losing control in public.”

I hope that helps, Brenda. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…