Reply To: Social anxiety and PTSD suggestions

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Jay,

Always a pleasure.

Thanks for your reply.

The other aspect of consequence beliefs is that “I was embarrassed” looks like a standard belief, and it would not be an absolute truth that someone was always embarrassed (24/7, in every context etc.), but the consequences will tend to just disappear from your experience when the core beliefs are cleared.

As for using “was not” or “wasn't”, it would make no discernible difference (in my experience). In other words, contractions are fine. I recommend just saying what is more natural for you.

Some of the generic beliefs (e.g. “I'm not good enough”) tend to be universal, yet some people capture the essence more readily by finding words that encapsulate their experience (e.g. “I'm a schmuck”, “I was good for nothing”).

There is no issue at all with using negatives in BB, because you are actively trying to believe the belief (e.g “I was not safe”) while running the track. You can change the wording to “I was unsafe”, if you prefer.

For habits, I think that it would be useful to blast all the beliefs you cited, even though eliminating just one of them may prove to be sufficient. I would say that “I am an addict” is held at the identity level and would be very limiting.  It gives the impression of permanence.

It would be very useful, if you did feel addicted to something and wanted to eliminate it, to Click Track the feelings (strong desires). On its own, this can clear the feelings and the addictions.

For the PTSD issue, you may wish to address how you know you have PTSD. Are there certain feelings, thoughts and behaviours which trigger this and are triggered by it? Pay attention to these and just run it through the CT as best as you can.

Feel free to PM me about the PTSD issue you are addressing and I'll see if I can help you figure it out. There will be a pathway to resolve this.

Thanks again, Jay.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…