Reply To: Subjective truth

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Subjective truth Reply To: Subjective truth

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

To hunt out the causal beliefs, you can ask:

“What would I have to believe about X to do Y and feel Z when it/they are around/happening?”

I find this post intriguing so a good bit of information here. One thing I wouldn't mind getting more of an idea on is how to hunt the “Causal” beliefs. Could you give a few examples on that method I quoted above please Paul?

Also how do you know which one is causal?

Because if I thought “Spiders are harmful” that would in turn lead me to believe that “Spiders are dangerous”

Also

If I thought “Spiders are dangerous” that would in turn lead me to believe “Spider are harmful”

Which one would be the cause or core belief? they both feed into each other, no?

Thanks guys

Hi Clearingman,

Thank you.

Jesse is spot on there.

“Spiders are harmful” and “spiders are dangerous” are both causal really. They are on the same plane.

It is not that there would be one causal belief, per se, but that hunting the causal and core beliefs tends to produce the best results in changework.

Another example that is quite pertinent here is the fear of public speaking.

“Public speaking is scary” is one of many beliefs that would contribute to public speaking fear.

“I feel really uncomfortable when I speak in public” might look like a belief in terms of its structure, but is actually a description of the pattern.

Further to what Jesse has written, you can notice the feeling to see if it is propped up by a belief.

Feel the feeling and ask:

– “What would I have to believe about (this/that/right now) to feel (emotion) or do (behaviour)?”

There may be more than one belief causing the emotion to show up. Alternatively, it may be a conditioned response that can be Click Tracked.

In a practical sense, “every time someone looks at me, I look away (behaviour). What would I have to believe about myself, that person, being looked at to do the behaviour?”

See what comes to mind.

I will give some real client examples here.

Some beliefs might be “I am not safe”, “I am out of my element”, “That person is judging me harshly”, “It is bad to be looked at”, “I am ugly”, “It is dangerous to make eye contact with strangers.”

The more you use this type of method, the more natural it gets.

Hope that helps,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…