Reply To: PSTEC for suicidality & bipolar

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your post and for sharing your story.

I appreciate your honesty. You are not alone here and please always feel free to reach out.

There are so many ways to approach this, and no “one size fits all” naturally.

However, instinctually, I would recommend CTing any guilt you have had:

– about your diagnosis

– about being in therapy

–  about not feeling you have achieved what you set out to achieve.

– about “not being grateful enough” (which tends to be evident in people who are generally happy with their life circumstances, but feel guilty for feeling bad)

– about feeling suicidal thoughts

There will be other memories, of course. Guilt is a huge emotion to clear.

You may wish to run a Tapping Accelerator on the question “what am I guilty about?”

See what else comes to mind, rate each memory from 0 to 10 and then run a EEF track on the guilt. CT until the SUD rating of 0 or 1.

You can run a CT on each “guilty memory”, or could combine them and run it on the whole “guilt cluster.”

It seems that your therapist moving stirred something up in you. It may have been a sense of abandonment or loss (e.g. losing an important person in your life). I suspect that, because it triggered you in some way, it is worth CTing any negative feelings you had about your therapist moving on.

Also, you may wish to spiral back in time to see if you can an earlier time where someone important left. Go back as far as you can and see if the following helps trigger some memories:

– abandonment
    – loss
    – death
    – being left behind

If anything painful comes to mind, please CT it down to a 0 or 1.

Then, with the Belief Blasters, check to see whether any of the following beliefs resonate with you. Say them out loud, see if they feel true and, if they do, put them into the past tense and blast them:

– “I'm not important”
    – “I don't matter”
    – “I'm a failure”
    – “I'm not good enough”
    – “Life is a struggle”
    – “Life is unfair”
    – “I'm a disappointment”
    – “Nothing ever works out for me”
    – “I'm doomed”
    – “Everyone is going to leave me”
    – “People can't be trusted”
    – “I'm a screw-up”
    – “I'll lose everything”
    – “I'm never going to be successful”
    – “I'm not OK”
    – “There's something wrong with me”
    – “I'm deeply flawed”
    – “I'm not fixable”

My recommendation would be to blast each belief that seems/feels true. Remember to put them into the past tense and, when running BB, try hard to believe the belief.

For each belief you blast, you may wish to run a PQT suggestion that really lights you up.

At the very least, though, run the Belief Blasters and Click Tracks. These will make a huge difference. You can absolutely get this handled.

I could write much more, but don't wish to overwhelm you. We can dialogue.

I hope that helps.

Please keep us updated.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…