Reply To: Getting rid of attachment
Thanks for your reply.
So, you now have a list of things you can address with the PSTEC tools.
It is important that, when using the Click Tracks, you CT the emotion down to a 0 or 1. Often, one or two plays of the track will be sufficient. Otherwise, keep going. You don't have to do it all in one day, of course.
1) You can CT all the things that annoy you about your girlfriend (e.g. her complaining). Simply make a list of all the things that annoy you, try hard to hold onto the annoyance and run the CT.
2) You can CT how you feel now that your girlfriend found out about your crush – guilty or shameful feelings, for instance.
3) You can CT the “thrill of the chase.” Did your girlfriend always show you interest, or did you have to win her over initially? Some people are more drawn to or intrigued by people who show them little or no interest. It can be seen as mysterious and challenging. As you know that you already have your girlfriend's interest, the new girl may feel like an interesting challenge. You can CT how that feels.
4) When you get CT2015, an effective strategy might be to make a list of all the things you find attractive about the new girl – how she looks, how she acts and the feelings you get when you see or think about her. Think of times/memories where those are most prominent. Then run those through the included Wrapper track. This will allow other memories to surface and will enable you to conceptualise this. Then run the long CT2015 track, trying to hold onto the feelings of attraction. Rate the SUD before and after the track. Keep going until you get to a 0 or 1 (e.g. no attraction when thinking of this particular girl)
5) CT any jealousy you have when you think of the girl being linked with her current partner…if you can bring any up.
6) There were beliefs in the thread I linked. These can be run through the Belief Blasters. I sense there might be some beliefs about yourself (e.g. “I am bad for thinking like this”, or “I will never get what I want”) See if you can find any within yourself when asking “what would someone have to believe to have this experience (e.g. these thoughts/feelings)?”, pay attention to what comes up and aim for something core like “People are…”, “Relationships are…”, “I am…”, “Life is..”
Again, it is a process, so please work through it methodically…a piece at a time
Please continue to dialogue with us too, letting us know your progress or if you have any questions/concerns.
Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner
Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.
Recreate yourself with PSTEC.
Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…