Procrastination

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

It is my understanding that procrastination is tied to fear. But if the fear is unidentified? And not tied to an event or emotion? Just a pattern of behavior?

Which PSTEC program would be best for this and any insights into how best to use? I have both the PSTEC free program and the PSTEC Positive.

Thanks in advance!

Dixie

Cynthia Hooper
      PSTEC User

HI DIXIE,

FIRST- THANKS FOR ADDING ME AS A FRIEND, HOPE TO HEAR HOW YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR PSTEC EXPERIENCE

. ON YOUR QUESTION, DO YOU HAVE THIS ABILITY TO PROCRASTINATE WITH SPECIFIC EVENTS OR PROJECTS OR IS THIS AN OVERALL –HAVE TO PROCRASTINATE WITH EVERY THING? DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH DECISIONS , WHAT? LOOK AT WHERE THIS MANIFESTS FOR YOU, STEP BACK, GET A FEEL FOR IT, AND WHAT EMOTIONS ARE TIED TO THIS ASPECT OF YOUR BEING. THEN IF IT STILL REMAINS THIS UNIDENTIFIED ISSUE I WOULD GO INTO THE NEGATIVE PSTEC AND RUN THROUGH A FEW TIMES– EITHER WITH NO WORDING , OTHER THEN — JUST THIS “FEELING” AND SEE WHAT UNFOLDS. I HAVE GONE IN TO THE CLICK TRACK ON MORE THEN ONE OCCASION WITH THIS” SOMETHING NEEDS TO CLEAR”, OR YOU COULD USE, ” THIS UNKNOWN BLOCK OF FEAR”— SOME THING WILL COME UP– SOME THING WILL SHIFT. ( I FEEL THAT UNDER ALL NEGATIVE EMOTIONS WE HOLD, MOST USUALLY, ANGER OR SORROW, BUT ALWAYS A FEAR. FEAR IS” THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN” OF LOVE. WITH TRUE LOVE FOR OURSELVES, OUR BEING, OUR CONNECTION TO ALL THERE IS NO FEAR. HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE.

AFTER YOU DISCOVER YOUR HIDDEN ASPECTS THAT CREATE THIS PROCRASTINATION THEN TRY THE POSITIVE- SOME AFFIRMATION OF KNOWING IT IS TIME TO LET THIS GO, THAT YOU ARE SAFE, THAT YOU ARE WORTHY OF SO MUCH MORE.

NOW THAT I HAVE PUT IN MY TWO CENTS– WRITE JEFF– HE CAN GIVE YOU AN ABSOLUTE GARDEN OF THOUGHTS AND WORDING TO HELP YOU ALONG.

LET ME KNOW HOW IT UNFOLDS, AND IF I CAN ACTUALLY BE OF ANU HELP.

PEACE , CYNTHIA

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC User

Thanks for your reply, Cynthia!

Yes, it's always related to my professional success. I avoid or procrastinate doing the things I know I need to do! I have long investigated the possibility that it is not “safe” to be successful, but I have no idea where that is coming from or why.

I do have history of my father's lack of confidence in me (much worse, played out, than what I want to relay here), but really, I do not feel anything negative about it. I've worked on this issue for years in psycho-therapy, counseling, EFT and now PSTEC. I just can't hold on to a thought or feeling of anger over it anymore. So it's hard to even drum up enough emotion to do Click Tracks 1 & 2.

So which program do you use for this Fear of Success — which is what I suspect it is. I don't consciously know of such a fear within me, but suspect there may be a negative tape playing in the background that I am not conscious of.

Looking forward to hearing and learning more!

God's peace, Dixie

Cynthia Hooper
          PSTEC User

HI DIXIE–

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD JEFF SUBJECT BUT I WILL TAKE A STAB. FIRST- I WOULD USE THE NEGATIVE PSTEC UNTIL YOU CLEAR THE BLOCKS– THEN I WOULD MOVE TO THE POSITIVES WITH AFFIRMATIONS FOR SUCESS. YOU CAN TRY GOING IN WITH THE BLIND “ALL THESE NEGATIVE TAPES PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND”– SEE IF THINGS BEGIN TO SURFACE. THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN THIS HAS SO BROUGHT CLEAR MESSAGES THROUGH FOR ME AND ALLOWED ME TO SLIDE OFF “THAT STUFF” AND CLEAR THE BLOCKS I REALLY HAD HID WELL WITHIN MY BEING.

OR:INVESTIGATE A BIT FIRST: JEFF SAYS ASK THE “WHY”
            Image yourself sitting at a table giving yourself permission to write all the stories that have been given to you about what the world thinks success is for you.

After the writing is done ask your system what you need to do with these THOUGHTS AND CONCEPTS so that you can be free from others stories so that you can write your own.

NOW CHECK:
            If the stories were let go then the people who passed those stories along would also be let go.
            If the stories were let go then there would be no guidance at all.
            What if the stories were let go, but needed later they couldn’t be found?
            What if the stories were really right?
            THE WHAT IF'S AND THE WHY'S — WOW!
            LOOK AT BELIEFS MEMORIES, STORIES, POSITIONS, PROGRAMMING:
            IF I AM SUCCESSFUL

MY FAMILY WITH RESENT ME—-PEOPLE WILL JUDGE ME

PEOPLE WILL EXPECT TOO MUCH FROM ME—I WON'T HAVE ANY TIME TO RELAX—I WILL HAVE TOO MANY RESPONSIBILITIES—PEOPLE WILL SEE ME AS A WORKAHOLIC— I WILL BE LONELY—I WILL BE SEEN AS SELF SERVING– MY FRIENDS WILL BE JEALOUS– I WILL BECOME OUT OF TOUCH WITH MY AUTHENTIC SELF—- I CAN NOT BE MORE SUCCESSFUL THEN MY FATHER

I LACK FOCUS TO FOLLOW THROUGH AND SUCCEED—I NEED TO STRUGGLE ******ON AND ON AND ON AND ON ( PROGRAMMING IS FUN, ISN”T IT— IT ACTUALLY IS SO TRYING TO PROTECT US AND KEEP US SAFE –SO BE GENTLE WITH ALL.)

WHERE IS THE TRUTH? THE UNIVERSE SUPPORTS ME ALWAYS AND BRING TO ME THE ABILITY TO UNFOLD FOR MY BENEFIT AND ALWAYS FOR THE HIGHEST GOOD. MY WORTH IS LIMITLESS. MY CREATING IS INSPIRING AND UPLIFTING FOR NOT JUST MYSELF BUT ALSO FOR EVERYONE I TOUCH.

PLAY WITH THESE IDEAS– KNOW YOU HAVE FOUND YOURSELF WITH THIS PSTEC GIFT FOR IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO LET GO OF THE OLD PARADIGM'S AND STEP INTO A GREAT NEW STORY.

HOPE THIS HELPS SOME— WRITE JEFF– HE IS THE WIZARD EXTRAORDINAIRE

ENJOY THE RIDE, RELAX, BLOOM AND AWAKEN YOUR TRUTH

PEACE CYNTHIA

Jeff Harding
            PSTEC User

Thank you so much, Cynthia! I think you've hit the nail on the head when you said,

IF I AM SUCCESSFUL

MY FAMILY WITH RESENT ME—-PEOPLE WILL JUDGE ME

PEOPLE WILL EXPECT TOO MUCH FROM ME—I WON'T HAVE ANY TIME TO RELAX—I WILL HAVE TOO MANY RESPONSIBILITIES—PEOPLE WILL SEE ME AS A WORKAHOLIC— I WILL BE LONELY—I WILL BE SEEN AS SELF SERVING– MY FRIENDS WILL BE JEALOUS– I WILL BECOME OUT OF TOUCH WITH MY AUTHENTIC SELF—- I CAN NOT BE MORE SUCCESSFUL THEN MY FATHER

I LACK FOCUS TO FOLLOW THROUGH AND SUCCEED—I NEED TO STRUGGLE

How did you get into my head!

It is truly my own ego, and comparing my very worst with other people's very best. Now, what to do about it? I see that I continue to look for outward fixes, when it's the inner core of me that if not accepted by me.

I just don't know what to think about, nor do I have an incident to cling to during the PSTEC Click Track. So by the time it's over, all I've done is clicked with my mind wandering randomly — include to “what's for dinner?”

God's peace,

Dixie

Cynthia Hooper
              PSTEC User

HI DIXIE-

FIRST: THANKS FOR THE BELLY LAUGH, AND, ” WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST”!

NOW, YOU REALLY HAVE SOME GOOD JEFF QUESTIONS.

comparing my very worst with other people's very best. WHAT IS THIS SABOTAGE ABOUT? I WOULD START BY LISTENING TO YOURSELF WHEN YOU DO THIS “COMPARING”, STOP, BREATHE, AND SWITCH. FIND FOR YOURSELF SOMETHING YOU DO WELL. MY SISTER SO HAS THIS ISSUE , AND I TOLD HER TO CELEBRATE ALL YOU DO BECUSE ALL YOU DO YOU DO AT YOUR VERY BEST AT EVERY GIVEN MOMENT IN TIME. PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK– I DO THIS WELL–DOES NOT MATTER IF IT A “BIG” THING OR A ” SMALL” THING BECAUSE THERE ARE NO BIG THINGS OR SMALL THINGS. FIND GRATITUDE FOR WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT BLESSING YOU OFFER THOSE YOU KNOW.

THE UNIVERSE IS NUDGING YOU TO MOVE BEYOND, it's the inner core of me that if not accepted by me. YOUR INNER CORE IS IN ABSOLUTE PERFECTION, LET IT SHINE THROUGH .

I just don't know what to think about, nor do I have an incident to cling to during the PSTEC Click Track JEFF WOULD TELL YOU THIS IS YOUR SUB- CONSCIOUS TRYING TO PROTECT YOU. I BELIEVE, I WOULD GO INTO THE CLICK TRACK WITH ONE SPECIFIC IN MIND, I SUSPECT A GOOD ONE TO START WITH WOULD BE, “I LACK FOCUS TO FOLLOW THROUGH AND SUCCEED—” IF YOU JUST KEEP GOING THROUGH YOUR LIST OF “IF I AM SUCCESSFUL

” YOU WIL CLEAR STUFF AND EVENTS, STORIES WILL COME INTO YOUR CONSCIOUS AWARENESS.

LIFE ALWAYS SHOWS UP FOR US. EVERYTHING THAT COMES TO US ARRIVES TO HELP US MOVE THROUGH THE OBSTACLES WE HAVE CREATED BLOCKING OUR PATHS TO OUR INNER BEAUTY. OUR EMOTIONS WISPER TO US WHAT WE NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO AND TRANSFORM. AND- LOOK- WHERE IN YOUR BODY ARE YOU HOLDING THIS?

ANY FEARS WE HOLD ARE HERE TO TEACH US TO TRUST THE UNIVERSE. FEAR IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE COIN OF LOVE. TO BE LOVE IS TO BE TRUELY CONNECTED TO OUR INNER SOUL, OUR TRUE BEING AND OUR CONNECTION WITH SOURCE.

ALRIGHT- HAVE A GREAT BREAKFAST!

PEACE, CYNTHIA

Jeff Harding
                PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Dixie!

Hey, Mahalo for writing and jumping right in … the water's fine and there are plenty of lifeguards… we even serve breakfast or brunch if you prefer. :- )

Well, you and Cynthia have hit many things on the head which shows you how unique each person's journey can be yet also how similar and that's why we can all be such a help to each other.

Foist of all… stay tuned… there is a new program coming forth… almost sounds like a birth… from the mind of Mr. P and, I believe, it will help you in your quest because it will address 'how to use PSTEC to achieve just about anything.' So, that should be along here in a few weeks. Very cool!

Alright, in the meantime…

Here’s a quick tip… procrastinate your procrastination… :- )

As I always say, if you did one click track a year, then it may take a while to notice the shifts…once a month, better… once a week, beginning to get the hint…once a day, well, with consistency and awareness, I can’t tell you all the shifts and changes that occur… it will be remarkable!

Yes, the shifts do happen, but sometimes not right away because the subconscious is updating the mind model which it was previously based upon.

For example, if a particular event in childhood or series of similar events in childhood… let’s say being teased by classmates … is quite defining because it makes you fearful to step out and live life in all ways. You are fearful because, through your feelings coming from the subconscious, you “know” that stepping out and taking risks in trying something new or stepping out and connecting with people in relationships, may not be safe and there is subconscious fear or a conclusion that you may be repeating that painful experience of being ridiculed.

So, you see, when those events and feelings are neutralized, the mind must “reset” like your computer when you add a new software program. The subconscious says, ‘Hhhhmmmm, being “that” fearful does not make sense because there is no basis for that feeling any longer… so you get what Wil in the interview called the Downstream Effect… you begin to live life differently… quite often very subtly.
                  Click Here for the PSTEC Interview with Wil

So, as you work with PSTEC couple tips… little more serious ones than my first one: :- )

• Be sure you are alternating the click tracks. If you have the two Basic free ones…alternate #1 and #2 to keep them fresh. If you have long term use of this, you might consider getting either the EEF’s or the Level 1 that has the EEF’s and then you can alternate between the two basic free tracks and the two EEF’s… not only keeping it “more fresh” but also the EEF’s are for particularly sticky issues.

• Consider the Accelerator Package… when someone has issues with allowing feelings and memories to come forth, the Accelerators are designed to stimulate recall… to allow what you need to heal to come forth… very cool!

• Follow Wil’s lead … just go through it without analyzing and checking it out in detail… just follow the directions to the letter and forge ahead… your mind will begin to acclimate to the process and begin working faster and faster.

• When a memory pops up and you “assume” there are no feelings or emotions for it, run a Click Track at least once with the memory and the thought of an emotion that you think might be attached to it.

• If you are trying to move forward in a particular manner but keep procrastinating, take one particular desire and work with that. Pick something that is not particularly difficult, for example, if you are desiring to be completely self-employed with at least a six figure business and you are struggling to make $1,000 per month, don't shoot for the stars right away. Take something “smaller” such as, get my website up or complete my mind map or business plan… in other words, take one of the first steps and put that into your PSTEC Positive and begin “training” your mind on a new way of functioning, but give it baby steps.

Now, when you use the PSTEC Positive something may occur… something very cool! That's right, I said it, it's cool and it's an opportunity.

The junk gets exposed.

You see, when you are deliberately suggesting (with PSTEC Positive) something to the subconscious (sub) like this, the sub will comply or if the current Mind Model is contrary to your suggestion, the sub, very conveniently, will present to you the issues that are contrary and basically is saying, “You must comply with the current Model or change it. Your choice! What do you want to do?”

So, watch for ALL images, memories, movies, video snippets, thoughts, beliefs, emotions, feelings, imagined events. When they come up there are emotions and/or feelings in there; it's a matter of allowing them to come through. Discard and ignore nothing… it is all relevant… DO NOT judge or comment… just take it all as grist for the PSTEC Mill.

Match up the memory or other image in your mind with the emotion or feeling and then pull out your Click Track or EEF or Accelerator Tapping Track.

When that is clear, plug in the PSTEC Positive again with your desire and move forward again.

I hope that makes some sense. I gave you some perspective and some “How To.”

So, keep clickin' at things while at the same time realize you are training your subconscious so to speak…altering the Mind Model.

Be nice, kind and gentle with yourself… that includes your Conscious, Subconscious and Higher Self as well.

As a good friend of mine says, “Self Examination without Self Kindness is Self Abuse.”

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
                  PSTEC User

Yes, well, I am a master at self-abuse. Bummer, that!

I used the PSTEC Positive yesterday morning with the following affirmation:

“Every day I get better at focusing on my goals and targets.”

And this statement does not resonate with me negatively. Twice today, in face, I was in a position where I heard the statement in my mind (because I was in a training class and focusing on certain areas that will help with my goals and targets) and I just kept repeating it over and over, and I noticed that while I did that, my eyes opened and shut repeatedly!

No Click Track!

But I found it peculiar that I remembered the statement, and my brain just started using it, and my eyes automatically started blinking open and shut. I have no idea what this means or even if it's a good thing.

Your thoughts?

I will review the interview with Wil as soon as possible!

God's peace, Dixie

Jeff Harding
                    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Dixie,

Very nice illustration of one of the key components of PSTEC… one of those “built in” aspects.

As you use more and more of PSTEC, yes, your mind will begin to do some of the work WITHOUT the Click Tracks running… is that cool or what?

So, is it peculiar that you remembered? Well, it might seem peculiar that you remember based upon your old Mind Model, but as you change the MM, you will find yourself doing things that at first seem strange but begin to be not only habitual, but commonplace… more cool, yah?

Hey, and the “cool” has just begun for you, my dear… keep clickin'!

Aloha nui loa!

Jeff

Here's the ultimate test though, Dixie… Are you moving in the directions of your purpose or desires with more ease?

Jeff Harding
                      PSTEC User

You asked: Here's the ultimate test though, Dixie… Are you moving in the directions of your purpose or desires with more ease?

Not fast enough to suit me. I compare my very worst with your very best. My best is never good enough. And I have trouble “resting” where I am. So quite honestly, no matter how much success I have, it will never be good enough.

And I have no idea where that comes from. No memory. No incident. Nothing to hang on to.

Dixie
                        Just listened to the Wil call. I don't have the same oppressed feelings that he has. Instead, I have a malaise, or lethargy, rather than some kind of anxiety. More of a depression, I think.

And yet I can't tie it to anything. I beat myself up for being lazy, but I know that is not the truth. But I can't pin it down to anything. I don't have a fear of failure — I fail every day! The more I think about it, the more I believe I fear success, which is what leads to a self-sabotage.

Dixie
                        I am so sorry to keep posting so much! But things are coming up!

I do have a fear of success. So I just ran Click Track 1 and what came up is that I am afraid of my own power. Afraid I will win and then lose (whatever I gain). I'm afraid that I will found out to be a fraud in the end.

I don't have a memory, though. These are just thoughts that interrupted what I started with, which was “I am afraid to be successful.”

Off to do more clicking! :D

Dixie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.