Reply To: PSTEC Positive Statement

Meghan Saunders
PSTEC User

Hi Martin –
    Sounds to me like you have found good PP statements to use that resonate with you & are making you feel like you are making progress!!!  That's GREAT!

IN YOUR OWN WORDS:  It's 'gentle' and believable to me and the couple of times I've done it already I've felt like I've made mental progress.  AWESOME!!!

“Would a better method be to assert that I am overcoming the symptoms / the anxiety, perhaps by gradually moving from the possibility of this to the expectation etc.?”  Not necessarily 'better than' just KEEP GOING with it — keep coming up with new ones — you cannot do too much of it.

Where you say: “It could also go ______”  YES!!!  And don't stop there!  There are no limitations to what you can use in your statements or how often.  The goal is to OUTWEIGH your old beliefs any way it takes!  Keep loading positive beliefs surrounding this issues on the positive side of the scale.  Eventually it will start to shift in your favor.

For Free CTs — look around feelings of self worth.  A common experience a lot of people share is — being teased as a child in grammar school and Jr. High.  These 'attacks' happened when we least expected it — they knock us to the ground and then down the road — your body does something like what yours is doing… so that you will not put yourself in a position again where you will be vulnerable to an attack like that again — yea???
    Seriously — go back to the days of show and tell.  Maybe you were all excited about presenting something and it was a FLOP?????  Book report presentation????

—-> on the POS CT — coin something around self worth — statements that give you the feeling that what you have to SAY is valuable and interesting.

Have you done POS CT while envisioning yourself talking with clear sinuses — all calm and relaxed????

You say you have had this issue for as long as you can remember — have you had a chance to determine the first time you ever remember “this congested sinus feeling”?

Perhaps you experienced something “like this” when you were young — you were with kids you didn't know — maybe a cousin's birthday party — out of your comfort zone — the other kids all knew each other — you maybe felt awkward — you tried to tell them something COOL & they looked at you like you were an alien — WHO KNOWS (your subconscious mind) — what the dynamics were…. the issue is — something when you were very young made you feel insecure about the worth of your voice or information.

I'm going to tell you a super secret I found out along the way in my self-discovery process —- IF you cannot remember what dumb thing you said or did that caused all this 'trouble' in your life — then for sure the people you made a total fool of yourself in front of —- FOR SURE — do not remember it at all — let it go….. —> do you even still know those people????  :)

Martin it sounds to me like you're on a roll — keep going:)

Meghan