Reply To: PSTEC Positive Statement

Jeff Harding
PSTEC User

Hi Meghan,

Many thanks for a very helpful and encouraging response!

“The goal is to OUTWEIGH your old beliefs any way it takes!  Keep loading positive beliefs surrounding this issues on the positive side of the scale.  Eventually it will start to shift in your favor.”

This is what I needed to hear!  I still worry that maybe there's a 'right' way to do this but you're spot on, I just need to bombard this with positives 'til the barriers start to shift.  Even if there's a bit of trial and error.

I have click tracked 'social catastrophes' from my childhood and I think I've neutralized the worst of them.  But for the life of me I can't identify a 'source' incident or incidents what started everything off.  Just times, for instance, where I had to speak in front of the class and suddenly realized I was out of my comfort zone and couldn't 'perform' like other people could.  I'm not sure if one key event or events started it all off, or if it's just because I may have had a more 'sheltered' upbringing than other children around me.  I know I do have self worth issues  so maybe I have to keep digging.  I did click track an imagined 'source' memory before so maybe trying that again would be useful too.

I agree with your analysis of this physical problem I have, it's a subconscious way of protecting myself from 'bad' things that could happen if it wasn't there to keep me in my shell.    But again, I'm not sure when it first surfaced.  I remember being vaguely aware of it by about 17 and it really came into my awareness when my dad passed comment on it  when I was about 20.  But it could've started a long time before that.

Great tips for the Pos tracks.  So far I've used them more for statements than visualizations so I will try them with a picture of how I'd like to be in those situations.  Also self worth sounds like a good area to target.

Thanks again for your thoughts and support!  Best wishes,

Martin