Reply To: Am I the only one… stuck…not getting anywhere with this?

Jeff Harding
PSTEC User

Meghan-
    Thanks for taking the time to interpolate my post.  I realize you had to make some assumptions regarding “the writer”, however most are not accurate.  The “EFT expert” I was quoting was not alone in her practical experience with clients.  Others reinforce her observations.  However, that is beside the point.  I am not here to discuss EFT.  I mention it because, similarly I've had 3 hypnotherapists tell me that not everyone is successful with hypnosis, and that many can't be induced at all.

So, my question is, is there a pattern here?  I made the small investment in PSTEC positive months ago, as well as the accelerator tracks.  I use the heights phobia as a barometer for how successful these therapies are only because they all claim phobias are simple to eliminate.  If it works with a “simple” phobia, perhaps I can use it for some things that are really impacting me.  Heights rarely bother me as I don't usually find myself in those situations.  However, a few days ago while traveling I went to Hoover Dam and thought I would try it on the new walkway.  A few rounds of click tracks and the result was predictably the same.  No big deal as I'm not going to scale mountains any time soon.  But, if it doesn't work in this scenario, then I can't use it for anything that might really be a problem.  (In case you're wondering, I've tried it already in those scenarios to the same result.)

My point is that for some of us, perhaps many, the subconscious can not be accessed.  In fact it is subconscious for a reason.  (Actually, if the belief (or whatever) is subconscious, how could you be aware of it in the first place?  It's below your level of awareness.)  Of course, I realize I'm making my personal observations in the wrong place, this being a forum for true believers.  And I'm not here to burst anyone's bubble.  I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that these sort of “therapies” had no seeming effect.  We are not all the same.  Is there a percentage of the population that is hard-wired differently making accessing this level of mind difficult to impossible?
    Jack