Reply To: Positive Statements

Jeff Harding
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Dixie,

Mmmmmmm, some nice goodies here. :- )

1. Identify my goal, and then use POS to tap in “possibilities”…

Yes, true… but I would begin with I AM and see where you stand. If the I AM if “true” on a scale of 0-10 where “10” is absolute Truth to you… use your feelings here… use the force, Dixie (best Yoda impression I can muster)… then if it's an 8-10, go ahead and start with the I AM. If it's below an “8” (and this is not some hard and fast rule, just an idea), then rate the next part of that “scale” as in “I WILL” or “I DO.”

2. Taking action you loath…

First of all, let's look at your Positive Statement: “It might be possible to do these little, mundane tasks (named, of course) because they'll get me to my goal.”

3. [/list]
      Yikes! Scratch that one, my dear!!! …or, at least alter it.

Think about it, does that statement comply with the basic tenants of an effective Positive Statement?

• Positive
      • Specific
      • Short
      • Time frame

Definitely not positive… I mean, when you hear the phrase “these little, mundane tasks” does that give you J.E.E.P.?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say, “No!”

When you put a Positive Statement together, Tim talks about imagining it and how you feel. If you see yourself doing mundane tasks, does it give you a pleasant feeling?

So, what are some potential issues here?

• Could be you are not in complete alignment with the overall target.
      • [/list]

• You are limiting yourself in HOW it can be done… you are trying to control the entire process consciously without trusting your subconscious. You are trying to force your conscious will on how to do it and that may not be the best path.
      • [/list]

• You are getting stuck with doing things the way you always have done them… you are attached to a particular way of doing things.
      • [/list]
        Some approaches…

1. Look at the specific “mundane” feelings and ask what it brings to mind from memories… when have you felt similarly before? When did you have to do things that you just hated? Look for the “stubbornness” in your life experience and using your CT/EEF/ATT with them. I always say, when I feel non-J.E.E.P., I look for the reason I am reacting that way because it's a clue to my past that is still there directing me. Clear them up and watch what happens.
        2. Make the steps more general instead of so detailed… when you map out TOO many details, then you are limiting your path.

If you don't enjoy a certain process… open up and start asking your subconscious what to do… how can you get to your goal and enjoy the process.

Is there another way to accomplish to live this Truth… look at not only the process but the Truth of the target by asking yourself what the reasons for the desires Truly are… why do you want this?

3. To address the issue of quitting or giving up… from The Easy Way:

Giving Up… difficulties are precursors to success… there is no such thing as failures; it just shows you what does not work…. Finding out what does not work, gets you closer to what does work; things get easier.

By continually asking “How do I achieve this… how do I get this done, etc…. begins to condition your mind to finding the answer.

4. [/list]
          A little bit general here… you might consider a private session to get down and dirty… when we are working with the sub, sometimes it helps to be in the moment with it and the responses at the time.

Aloha!

Jeff