Positive Statements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

I'm looking for some help on changing my perception about some specific aspects of my work (uh, more help?! Am I wearin' ya'll out yet?!).

As I understand Tim's POS instructions, I identify my goal, and then use POS to tap in:

“It might be possible….”
      “It is possible….”
      “I can….”
      “I will….”
      “I am….”

One of the other things I am to do is clearly identify the steps I need to take to reach the goal. Well, guess what? I hate the steps I need to take. I know what they are. I know what I need to do. I know they work. They are boring and mundane. Oh, they will get me where I want to go, but I don't enjoy them.

And in fact, there are many times when I just outright refuse to do them — a form of self-sabotage to be sure — as a form of rebellion, I guess.

I mentioned in an earlier post (I think) that I get hung up between “I can…” and “I will….” And this is how I do it — by avoiding those steps necessary to get to the End Game. It's almost a passive-aggressive way of deliberately tripping myself up.

This is what I think I meant by “quitting” (in a previous thread). I quit every day. But the truth is — as I've used the CT on this issue — I am not a quitter, which is why I'm still here, still clicking and tapping away, absolutely driven to reach my goals. No, I'm not a quitter! I refuse to give up!

Yet I still procrastinate on those little, boring steps that will get me where I want to go.

Do I use POS in the same way?

“It might be possible to do these little, mundane tasks (named, of course) because they'll get me to my goal.”

“It is possible for me to ….”
      “I can do these tasks and love them….”
      “I will do them joyfully…”
      “I am doing them happily and am achieving success!”

I love my goals, my dreams. I hate the little steps in between. Am I right in taking this approach? I've been focused on my goals, but I'm wondering if I need to actually focus on changing my perspective so that I no longer consider those steps miserable little details, but things I can't wait to do each day!

Thoughts?

God's peace,

Dixie

I'm hoping to bump this up for some suggestions! I'm ready to start using POS on a very specific, dreaded step, so as to help me to approach it with joy and enthusiasm. I'd love to know that I'm on the right track!

God's peace, Dixie

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Dixie,

Mmmmmmm, some nice goodies here. :- )

1. Identify my goal, and then use POS to tap in “possibilities”…

Yes, true… but I would begin with I AM and see where you stand. If the I AM if “true” on a scale of 0-10 where “10” is absolute Truth to you… use your feelings here… use the force, Dixie (best Yoda impression I can muster)… then if it's an 8-10, go ahead and start with the I AM. If it's below an “8” (and this is not some hard and fast rule, just an idea), then rate the next part of that “scale” as in “I WILL” or “I DO.”

2. Taking action you loath…

First of all, let's look at your Positive Statement: “It might be possible to do these little, mundane tasks (named, of course) because they'll get me to my goal.”

3. [/list]
          Yikes! Scratch that one, my dear!!! …or, at least alter it.

Think about it, does that statement comply with the basic tenants of an effective Positive Statement?

• Positive
          • Specific
          • Short
          • Time frame

Definitely not positive… I mean, when you hear the phrase “these little, mundane tasks” does that give you J.E.E.P.?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say, “No!”

When you put a Positive Statement together, Tim talks about imagining it and how you feel. If you see yourself doing mundane tasks, does it give you a pleasant feeling?

So, what are some potential issues here?

• Could be you are not in complete alignment with the overall target.
          • [/list]

• You are limiting yourself in HOW it can be done… you are trying to control the entire process consciously without trusting your subconscious. You are trying to force your conscious will on how to do it and that may not be the best path.
          • [/list]

• You are getting stuck with doing things the way you always have done them… you are attached to a particular way of doing things.
          • [/list]
            Some approaches…

1. Look at the specific “mundane” feelings and ask what it brings to mind from memories… when have you felt similarly before? When did you have to do things that you just hated? Look for the “stubbornness” in your life experience and using your CT/EEF/ATT with them. I always say, when I feel non-J.E.E.P., I look for the reason I am reacting that way because it's a clue to my past that is still there directing me. Clear them up and watch what happens.
            2. Make the steps more general instead of so detailed… when you map out TOO many details, then you are limiting your path.

If you don't enjoy a certain process… open up and start asking your subconscious what to do… how can you get to your goal and enjoy the process.

Is there another way to accomplish to live this Truth… look at not only the process but the Truth of the target by asking yourself what the reasons for the desires Truly are… why do you want this?

3. To address the issue of quitting or giving up… from The Easy Way:

Giving Up… difficulties are precursors to success… there is no such thing as failures; it just shows you what does not work…. Finding out what does not work, gets you closer to what does work; things get easier.

By continually asking “How do I achieve this… how do I get this done, etc…. begins to condition your mind to finding the answer.

4. [/list]
              A little bit general here… you might consider a private session to get down and dirty… when we are working with the sub, sometimes it helps to be in the moment with it and the responses at the time.

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC User

Thank you Jeff — this was a helpful explanation for me too!

Gosh! It's often so difficult to work with generalities, eh?

You listed some of the potential issues:

* Could be you are not in complete alignment with the overal target. – possibly, although I like my End Goal

* You are limiting yourself in HOW it can be done… you are trying to control the entire process consciously without trusting your subconscious. You are trying to force your conscious will on how to do it and that may not be the best path. – Well, Tim says that we should look around for people who have succeeded in the past, and that's what I've done. I am trying to force my conscious will because I do know that many have done what I want to do, by following the steps I'm taking.

* You are getting stuck with doing things the way you always have done them… you are attached to a particular way of doing things.

– Well, sort of yes and sort of no. I'm getting stuck with doing things the way I've NEVER done them, actually. I'm trying to learn a system for my business that is sequential, methodical and organized. I have attached to this system because I know that it works — others have gone before me. That's what I meant by “mundane”. It's the routine and the mundane, day-to-day activity that I hate, even though I know it will get me where I want to go if I'm consistent. But I consider them to be hard and difficult. Those are the shifts in perception that I'm trying to make. Instead of considering them hard, difficult, boring and mundane, I want them to be easy, fun, joyful and something I can tackle with passion! I'm looking to turn them into J.E.E.P.!

I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-with-my-hair-on-fire kinda girl! I think globally and stumble on the details. But it's the details that I need to attend, and by following a laid-out plan is going to help me reach my goals. I'm trying to increase the Fun Factor with the routine, so that I can joy the rest with passion.

You went on to offer some approaches:

1. Look at the specific “mundane” feelings and ask what it brings to mind from memories… when have you felt similiarly before? When did you have to do things that you just hated? Look for the “stubborness” in your life experience and using your CT/EEF/ATT with them. I always say, when I feel non-J.E.E.P., I look for the reason I am reacting that way because it's a clue to my past that is still there directing me. Clear them up and watch what happens.

Dang! Too many of these to mention! A clue! :D Stubbornness! I resemble that remark!

2. Make the steps more general instead of so detailed… when you map out TOO many details, then you are limiting your path.

I agree that we should be open to letting the subconscious have freedom to point in the right direction. But a great chef still had to start with a cookbook, even if he gets creative and never uses the proportions called for (because that's why he's great). He has to at least read a recipe — or several recipes, then sit down with pin and paper and make changes he thinks to make it better. His J.E.E.P. in the cooking! Not in the administrative work that has to be done before he gets to handcraft his culinary concoction. How can we change his approach to the admin, to fill it with joy and passion?

If you don't enjoy a certain process… open up and start asking your subconscious what to do… how can you get to your goal and enjoy the process.

Not by clicking and tapping but just a general question I need to be asking frequently?

Thanks for input!

God's peace, Dixie

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Dixie!

Interesting…

“I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-with-my-hair-on-fire kinda girl!”…

“…by following a laid-out plan is going to help me reach my goalsI”

Conflict?

So, here is what we do:  “… am trying to force my conscious will…”

This is the disharmony within, my dear and since you have been probably doing this for at least a few weeks… er… months… ok, maybe a lifetime… :- ) … it is not that obvious and that's what I was referring to…

“You are getting stuck with doing things the way you always have done them… you are attached to a particular way of doing things.”

So, some complexity going on here… take your issues and aspirations, then divide and conquer so to speak.

Take one at a time… this way it allows you to be specific and to measure your shifts.

When you look for people around you that are moving along as you desire, do it more for inspiration at the “it's possible level” and to spur your subconscious imagination on.

Yes, keep asking your sub for help or as some people refer to it as 'Asking your Higher Self for help through your subconscious.'

You can also help spur the subconscious on via PSTEC Positive by crafting a nice Positive Statement that encourages the ideas, the imagination, the inspiration to come through.

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.