Reply To: The Easy Way

Jeff Harding
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Martin,

Very nice work… as my Lady Beth says, “Good Job!”

Ok, down to business…

Let's start with “doing this right” concern.  Consider when you are working with PSTEC not just about hitting your goal/target/desire, but as a mentoring process with your Mind… a training ground between your conscious mind and subconscious.  So, in some ways, you are experimenting and finding your “sweet spot” in terms of how to live Life and no one will be exactly the same.  So, as you follow Tim's suggestions, processes and using PSTEC tools, be aware of what works for you and what does not.  This is about the “R” word… are you ready… no, “ready” is not the “R” word, but that's a good one too.  The “R” word is responsibility … take responsibility (and I know you are) along with Tim's wonderful tools and you are becoming… truly… self-sufficient in the Highest Sense.

1. The suggested phrase from The Easy Way is this, “Even though I have struggled in the past, I know it’s at least possible to lose weight.”  A wonderful, classic reframe.  It may not work for everyone, but for most with weight issues, it is the pattern, so, when you allow that phrase to “flow through you,” there is really nothing negative about it, is there?  Struggle is in the past… behind you… not a problem because it's possible to lose weight.  So, it's a reframe to “get you going” so to speak.  Again, not everyone needs this, but if you have struggled in the past, then it's a good start for PP.

Also, yes, sometimes, if you are not sure what the blocks are, you can begin using PP and during the process of using PP, the emotional issues will be exposed.  So then it's time to pull out the CT.

2. I believe non-specific is “usually” the order of the day when someone has no clue about what they want to do…what they want to shift or change and also do not have a clue where to start or what the barriers are.

Usually, specific re-patterning will be more successful and even quicker because it is more targeted and easier to measure your progress so that you can make adjustments.

Consider the re-pattern process like the classic example of the flight of an airplane.  The are always adjusting their course (well, much less with modern navigation… ah, like PSTEC?) as they fly along to their destination, so having not only a specific target, but one that is more short term (i.e. monthly or weekly rather than a yearly target) will be much more helpful, encouraging and less stressful.

3. Two things here…

A. You touched on one aspect; “…and this will feel right.”  How do you feel about the Positive Statement (PS)?  I like to rate the statements… it takes a little more work (well, a few seconds of focus)… How true is the statement on a scale of 0-10, where “10” is absolute truth and “0” is naaaaahhhhh that is absolute bull.

If it is rated high, run the PP with it.  If it's really low, look for the emotional blocks, which comes to the second point…

B. As you said, “I'll go back to affirming the general possibility again first, as doubts may have crept in.”  These, most likely, are the emotional blocks… let that info come through to your consciousness, find the emotions and memories or imagined events, then use your CT.  Then, go back to your PS and work with the PP again.  So, yes, there may be a bit of “back and forth” like the adjustments you make as the pilot of your ship.  :- )

4. [/list]There you go… all good questions… and, did I tell you, “Good Job!!”

Aloha!

Jeff