The Easy Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my progress with PSTEC plus some thoughts on using the Easy Way audios which I purchased recently.

I have to say that from recent experience the click tracks definitely work!  I was in a pretty bad mood about something last Friday (Christmas Eve) and didn't look forward to driving home to my family for the holidays with the problem on my mind.  Before I left I ran the issue through one of the EEFs and I felt 100% better about it in one session!  Suddenly I had a brand new perspective on it and could see things more rationally.  The feelings came back somewhat in the evening but I click tracked it again and I've been fine ever since.  This really strenghtened my faith in the process.

I thought I'd use the time off work to get into the Easy Way audios, which so far I'd only listened to once.  I sat down and made detailed notes which really helped me get the ideas clear in my head.  I've really only covered non-specific repatterning so far (first 2 audios) but I really think it's mind blowing stuff. 

Tim's thoughts on how you need to work from believing something is possible, to believing it's possible for you, to building expectation  before getting into the specifics of what you plan to achieve, really made sense to me.  A lot of the 'popular' achievement books talk about the importance of  affirmations/visualising but they don't seem to acknowledge this issue.  For instance, convincing yourself that wealth is coming to you in abundance is going to  be difficult if you have underlying, limiting beliefs about money – it needs to be a process of changing your beliefs/expectations.

Anyway, I just had a few queries that I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on.

1. When talking about non-specific repatterning, Tim advises using PSTEC Positive to implant new positive beliefs in your subconscious and then working on negative past experiences using the click tracks.  I like this method and have been working on it, BUT this seems to go against what he says in Level 1?  There he advises doing it the other way round, working on blitzing the experiences/feelings before fostering new, positive beliefs.  Any thoughts?  Also, in Level 1 he says to avoid negative framing in your affirmations but one example he gives in relation to weight loss starts “Even though I've struggled in the past…” – is this ok as long as the focus is on future success?
      2. He uses weight loss as a suggested goal for both non-specific and specific repatterning.  I am working on building confidence/communication skills and prefer doing this through non-specific repatterning.  Is it the case that you can choose whichever suits you?  Later I would like to work on my career and I think specific repatterning is better suited for this.
      3. I'm using PSTEC Pos to implant new beliefs in relation to confidence etc.  Thing is I'm not quite sure when/if I've progressed through the different stages i.e. how do you know you've sufficiently affirmed the possibility of your goal before moving onto the expectation etc.?  In one session I might start off affirming the possibility of my goal, running this through the track 2/3 times.  Then when I think I've 'got it I'll run it again saying how others show it's possible and it's possible for me too, and this will feel right.  However, in the next session I'll go back to affirming the general possibility again first, as doubts may have crept in.  Is it a good idea to go back and forth like this?  Just curious what other people think is the best approach.
      4. [/list]That's all, sorry for the awkward questions – just want to make sure I'm doing all this 'right'.  I would say though that so far my expectations of success have been a lot stronger than using previous methods – I can really see change happening with this process which is very exciting!

Best wishes,

Martin

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Martin,

Very nice work… as my Lady Beth says, “Good Job!”

Ok, down to business…

Let's start with “doing this right” concern.  Consider when you are working with PSTEC not just about hitting your goal/target/desire, but as a mentoring process with your Mind… a training ground between your conscious mind and subconscious.  So, in some ways, you are experimenting and finding your “sweet spot” in terms of how to live Life and no one will be exactly the same.  So, as you follow Tim's suggestions, processes and using PSTEC tools, be aware of what works for you and what does not.  This is about the “R” word… are you ready… no, “ready” is not the “R” word, but that's a good one too.  The “R” word is responsibility … take responsibility (and I know you are) along with Tim's wonderful tools and you are becoming… truly… self-sufficient in the Highest Sense.

1. The suggested phrase from The Easy Way is this, “Even though I have struggled in the past, I know it’s at least possible to lose weight.”  A wonderful, classic reframe.  It may not work for everyone, but for most with weight issues, it is the pattern, so, when you allow that phrase to “flow through you,” there is really nothing negative about it, is there?  Struggle is in the past… behind you… not a problem because it's possible to lose weight.  So, it's a reframe to “get you going” so to speak.  Again, not everyone needs this, but if you have struggled in the past, then it's a good start for PP.

Also, yes, sometimes, if you are not sure what the blocks are, you can begin using PP and during the process of using PP, the emotional issues will be exposed.  So then it's time to pull out the CT.

2. I believe non-specific is “usually” the order of the day when someone has no clue about what they want to do…what they want to shift or change and also do not have a clue where to start or what the barriers are.

Usually, specific re-patterning will be more successful and even quicker because it is more targeted and easier to measure your progress so that you can make adjustments.

Consider the re-pattern process like the classic example of the flight of an airplane.  The are always adjusting their course (well, much less with modern navigation… ah, like PSTEC?) as they fly along to their destination, so having not only a specific target, but one that is more short term (i.e. monthly or weekly rather than a yearly target) will be much more helpful, encouraging and less stressful.

3. Two things here…

A. You touched on one aspect; “…and this will feel right.”  How do you feel about the Positive Statement (PS)?  I like to rate the statements… it takes a little more work (well, a few seconds of focus)… How true is the statement on a scale of 0-10, where “10” is absolute truth and “0” is naaaaahhhhh that is absolute bull.

If it is rated high, run the PP with it.  If it's really low, look for the emotional blocks, which comes to the second point…

B. As you said, “I'll go back to affirming the general possibility again first, as doubts may have crept in.”  These, most likely, are the emotional blocks… let that info come through to your consciousness, find the emotions and memories or imagined events, then use your CT.  Then, go back to your PS and work with the PP again.  So, yes, there may be a bit of “back and forth” like the adjustments you make as the pilot of your ship.  :- )

4. [/list]There you go… all good questions… and, did I tell you, “Good Job!!”

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for another interesting and encouraging response to my queries.  I especially like your suggestion of rating your positive statements before using PP – just as you would rate negative feelings or memories with the standard tracks.  This should hopefully help me move through the process of changing beliefs.

Also an interesting take on reframing from past struggle to future possibility.  Books I've read have tended to stress that affirmations should be wholly positive, but I can see how acknowledging that you've had difficulty in the past might be helpful and realistic when starting work on some challenging issues – will bear this in mind in my PP statements.

I haven't listened to the tracks on specific repatterning in as much depth as those on non-specific so I must re-visit them to see which  process I think would best suit for the main issue I'm working on (confidence building).  I just liked the sound of the former and instantly threw myself into it! 

Best wishes,

Martin

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Martin… you're always welcome… I appreciate you forging forward, experimenting to find what works for you and persisting to find peace… and then share peace.

Aloha nui loa!

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.