Reply To: Social anxiety
Forums › General Discussions and Specific Issues › General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia › Social anxiety › Reply To: Social anxiety
Ok, first suggestion, talk to a PSTEC therapist… ok, sorry, I couldn’t resist that one. :- )
You have some wonderful awareness in many ways and so I am encouraged, as I hope you are too, by all that you have done. All the results YOU have experienced as a result of the action that YOU have taken.
So, first of all…
Stand up and I want everyone that is reading along with this… does not matter when or where… and I want everyone to give you a wonderful pat on the back and if you are open to it, let them give you an unconditional caring hug because you have come a long way. Do you feel it, Maryam? There are more people than you know pulling for you… those that are following along with you and those that have been through what you are going through.
Alright, now, onward and upward…
Here are some wonderful words that are coming out from you… very nice!
- amazing successes (free and purchased tracks)
- I've had fabulous results in other areas (that I’m very grateful for)
- I’ve had huge successes with PSTEC.
- I’d been suicidal for as long as I could remember, and PSTEC pretty much wiped away the deep suffering that perpetuated that. That's HUGE and I still marvel at how amazing it is to be free of such deep despair…
- My moments of panic and despair are getting fewer and farther in between…
- I know I’m doing amazing
- I am where I am, wherever that is, and that’s better than where I was. And that's amazing…
[/list]There is quite a bit there to celebrate! Once again, good job. So, what you really need now is to produce more success, just like that! Are you up for it?
Success when using PSTEC is just a matter of targeting… getting the CT pointed in the right direction or using the PSTEC Positive (PP) in the appropriate situation.
You have mentioned social anxiety as an issue and what I have seen is that specific repatterning can be very helpful in that regard.
So, a great example of that is the interview I did with Meghan about her social anxiety situation and how she handled that all on her own using PSTEC. Be sure to check that out… Interview Recording with Meghan
So, begin by isolating a target in a social way that you would like to see manifest physically. You will use this specific target to help you expose the specific emotional issues as well as belief and behavior issues that may be in the way of having a True J.E.E.P. experience in this particular targeted social situation.
Don’t worry about ANYTHING else… just this particular social situation.
- It helps you consciously focus on the communication (via images, emotions, feelings, memories, etc.) regarding this particular issue so that you can address them using the appropriate PSTEC tool.
- It gives you a specific way to measure your progress.
- It will encourage the subconscious (sub) to expose the issues that are contrary to that target or desire so that you can then consciously make the choice to clear them out of your way.
- Quite often when you deal with the issue in a specific way like this, you find your overall perceptions change or clear up as well because it’s ALL connected.
- Creates an environment… when you focus properly on this ONE specific issue… where you don’t get distracted as much by multiple issues… just handle this ONE issue!
[/list]Again, listen in to Meghan… a great listen and illustration on all these points!
You may have been doing some nice general clearing which gave you some incredible results… once again, Bravo!
So, now it’s time to take this particular issue that is left on the shelf and work with it.
Some side notes for you…
**** Regarding the multiple bullying issues surrounding your brother… find the most common thread of that bullying. Was it a certain action he did… a particular look he gave you during the bullying… maybe something he said. Look for the most intense aspects and pair that up with the emotions.
You may have to CT several particular aspects that represent the bullying to you and also deal with more than one emotion.
But, do you have to do all of the memories? No. But, look for the most intense experiences… and the aspects that are common as I mentioned above.
****Also, there are several belief issues in your letter and it’s too lengthy to get to them, but remember, you handle belief and behavior issues with PP, not the CT or EEF. Also, when dealing with belief issues and using PP, be sure the emotional blocks are handled or at least very low. If the emotions are high, do not begin using PP in most situations.
- Will you get where you desire? Of course!
- Should you continue? Absolutely! (unless you wish to stop making progress and give up your desires. :- ) Of course, always continue … you may have to adjust your strategy, but keep moving forward. What else are you going to do, continue living unnecessarily with limitations and suffering?
[/list]I want you to do something else here… be aware of your changes. Be aware and awake to the success. As you have already done and continue to pulll yourself up (did I already say “Good Job”?) and transcend these limitations, this shift and change will never happen quite like this again. Coming out of these issues… once you have shifted away from them… they will not appear again in the same way. The feeling of overcoming them as you are doing will never be duplicated because once you are fully free, you will never find your way back there again.
So revel in your success with the feelings of finding more and more freedom each time you do a CT or PP!
Remember, as a good friend of mind here on the island says,
Continue being patient… and be kind… your sub is childlike, so treat it as such… with patience and unconditional caring as you would when teaching a young one something new.
Look back and notice how much progress you have made… incredible! Just keep going with that.
Maybe you need just a session or two with someone to get you over this hump… it’s ok to ask for help. Someone to help sort out the issues a bit, prioritize the work and then point out your success… there’s plenty there, by the way, in case you did not notice.
PS And you thought you could ramble in your writing!