Reply To: Worry, and obsessive thoughts about other people’s opinions

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Worry, and obsessive thoughts about other people’s opinions Reply To: Worry, and obsessive thoughts about other people’s opinions

PSTEC Mike
PSTEC User

Hello,

Interesting topic and I'm eagerly awaiting the response from Jeff. In my opinion from everything I've read and heard, there's a couple of ways to go about this.

Think of a memory when you were rejected and TRY to feel how they felt. Something I worry about too is feeling the exact feeling. However, all you have to do is try to feel it and that's enough.

If you don't have a memory, just a fear. You can make up a memory from when you younger that contains the elements of being rejected. I learned this on one of the tutorials. You can imagine, for example, you're in, say, second grade and you asked a girl to be your girlfriend and she said “Eww, get away from me, loser” and everyone laughed or something like that. It didn't really happen to you, but it contains the feelings of rejection which is enough to eliminate it using the click tracks.

Or you can think of something imagined in the future.

Quite a few ways to go about it. Jeff is really the expert, so hold on a bit because he always responds to help people.