Reply To: Caring too much what others think
Hi Kay and welcome –
I wrote a rather long reply to this topic here:
First, work with your emotions and feelings, memories and fear surrounding future events for some time. Then when you have cleared through a lot of muck – start incorporating PSTEC Positive.
If that is an issue for you why not simply coin other positive statements that don't contain don't
- I am worry free about what other people think of me!
- I could care less what other people think about me.
- I love and accept myself at all times. . .
- I love and accept myself even when I feel __________________.
- I feel calm and confident in every situation.
- I feel calm and confident when: ____________________________
- I'm around new people.
- Around Strangers.
- Around ____________________.
- In public… at work… speaking in front of people… wearing anything I want to wear
WHATEVER works for you and your situation. Look over your life and take notes on what bothers you – when did it start – what memories are involved? The details are described in the other post: worry-and-obsessive-thoughts-about-other-people
Hope this helps – meghan