Reply To: Tangled web, where to start?

oz
PSTEC User

Yeah the general rule of thumb is to go for things that are earlier, and things that are more traumatic. Sometimes those conflict and you have a choice to make, but it doesn't really matter that much. The most important thing is that you actually use the click tracks. Try do do at least 1 session a day(3-5 run throughs) which will take around 30 minutes to an hour. But you can do more, my record is 15 run throughs taking around 2.5 hours. Very intense but very worth it. But don't be afraid to have days off, be kind to yourself. You have to find your own limits, but the more you use the click tracks, the better your mental state will become.

I had suicidal depression and issues going back 14 years. I've been using the click tracks since January, they'd impact the specific issue I clicked on, but the overall depression remained, although it might have reduced for the day after clicking. Emotionally it was still turbulent. Around the Middle of July the depression mostly cleared. There's still some there, and specific issues if I think about them can make me completely distraught, but I'm still working through them and my emotional state is pretty stable now.

Also, the click tracks attack any negative emotion, guilt, fear, sadness, anger, shame etc. So you can click away your fear of using it. You can think of the failure of the other modalities and click away. Think of your fear of pstec not working and click away.

The following thread has lots of great advice in it:

http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/what-order-should-i-work-on/