Reply To: Blushing, how it works and where to start?

kenshin
PSTEC User

Hi Kenshin
    There are others on this forum who have similar problems to yourself and will follow your progress with interest.
    IMHO Blushing is an innate body language signal from our ancient primate ancestry, it signals submissiveness. This is a loss of social position/self worth/self esteem issue hence the discomfort felt when blushing (“stupid and shy)”. Some people are more affected than others. This on it's own would not be much of a problem but it also seems to be often associated with a traumatic event when young or a series of lesser minor events closely related in time. This/these event/s have locked the blushing in with the memories and when you subconsciously reminded of these events (triggered) you blush again. Your subconscious works faster than your conscious and you find that you blush first and realise you are doing it after and so once started “too late”. After this has happened a number of times you come to believe you are a “blusher” also the more it happens the more sensitive  the trigger gets to “certain circumstances”. Furthermore you know it can happen again, and once triggered it is “unstoppable” it makes you feel bad so you even get to “fear” it happening again, as you “know” it will sooner or later. In short a negative feedback loop.
    Does this sound about right to you?
    Blushing is a natural response to social circumstances, so perhaps “social anxiety” also you have gotten into the feedback loop and fear it and so “erythrophobia” the answer your question then is “both” but do not worry about the labels society/science has given the problem. Conventional wisdom has no real answers for you, but PSTEC does.
    What  then to do about it is the big question.
    You have to realise you have a problem. You are have posted here. So tick one box.
    You have to be open to the possibility that you can improve or even eliminate the problem?
    You have to be open to the possibility that PSTEC will help you achieve this?
    You need the commitment to work at it, only you can do this for yourself, nobody else can do it for you.
    Can we tick these boxes?
    Download the FREE basic Click Tracks if you have not already done so. Ticked?
    Listened to the instructions?
    Rather than make this an extremely long post I will continue after your reply to this one.
    Peter

Thanks Peter for your help.
    Yes, I do believe that I can improve, although not completely eliminate as I do think it is normal for anyone to blush when put in an embarrassing position. I also do believe PSTEC works as I have tried other forms of therapy and by thinking differently, it seems to work and also by the reviews of other people, it does seem to show evidence that it is a solution.
    I am going to try the free click tracks but can I ask whether this technique is used to forget past/future events we fear only? E.g. if I haven't clicked an unplanned event, would I just turn red anyway?