Reply To: Help! Where to start?
Aloha BlueBliss,The long term solution for the issues you are experiencing is persistence and consistency. You have integrated panic and anxiety as a “definition” of how you respond and it's mainly because you have defined yourself as either not able to handle the situation or unsure if you can handle it. So, in Tim's metaphor, you must spend whatever time and effort that is necessary to “tip the scales” and get past the tipping point to permanent change.Now, when I say “you”; I am referring to your subconscious and much of your self-definition began when you were young so be sure to be open when those old memories surface as you do more of your PSTEC work.Anxiety and panic attacks involve both the emotional aspects and beliefs and behaviors as well.With most issues of panic attacks and anxiety, use of the Click Tracks (CT) are, of course, necessary for the emotional issues, but PSTEC Positive (PP) is also an essential for the beliefs and behaviors.For example … here is an emotional issue to CT:“I am getting married in two months and I am so so scared and anxious!”You said you have CT'ed that future event, but if the fear is not moving at all, then there is some error in how you are using PSTEC and it's something quite difficult to assess in the forum without more info and questioning. And here is a belief that can be handled with PP:“I always have been the sort who gets very scared at change.”Now, it can seem a bit complex in that a statement can be seen to have both emotional and belief components at hand and so the use of the CT's and PP may be in order:“I was sick and weak 5 years ago and since have felt m body isnt strong enough”and“I fear I'll feel lonely after marriage”Do you see the emotional and beliefs aspects there?So, when symptoms seem to return, one possibility is that the beliefs are not handled and can then perpetuate the “return” of the emotional suffering.My recommendations are:
- Immerse yourself more into the PSTEC Tools and Concepts … Level 1, as you mentioned, is a great place to start after using the free Basic Package.
- Also, look at the short tutorial in the free Basic Package on using the CT's for panic attacks and follow Tim’s suggestions very precisely and apply persistence and consistency using those techniques.
- Be relentless in using the CT's on ANY feelings that are not J.E.E.P. (joy, enthusiasm, excitement, peace). This includes:
* Any past panic attack experiences,
* Imagined future events that cause anxiety,
* Events of failure in your life.
Until the panic and anxiety are gone or significantly decreased, the CT's should be your best friend.
[/list]Here are some examples from your email of finding some emotional issues in more specificity:
- I always have been the sort who gets very scared at change…. write down examples of when you were scared of change in the past; what happened, how do you feel? Look to CT these memories.
- I hate going into malls and supermarkets … when did this start bothering you?
[/list]But, I see you have a short term issue… the wedding … and also, you have some confusion about the anxiety issues as many people do. It's not that PSTEC does not work, but the issue is that applying the proper tool for the appropriate issue (and also being done correctly), quite often, is the barrier.
- So, working with a practitioner to at least get you moving on the right track with the anxiety issues would probably be best while at the same time focusing on shifting your emotional state and belief system enough so that you can enjoy your wedding and more importantly the years to follow with your partner.
If you feel stuck, it's always wise to get help. Check out the PSTEC Register.
[/list]If the wedding has much meaning to you, it just might be worth the investment because, after all, wedding or not, you are worth it!