Reply To: Recovery time for athletes

Peter Bunyan
PSTEC User

Hi Saxman
    In addition to Jeffs thoughts.

The time it takes to recover from any exercise session depends upon the intensity and duration of that session, the training load. This can be measured by gadgets from Polar, Garmin and Suunto which can calculate Heart Rate Variability (HRV )which is the time interval between heart beats and Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC). From this data a period of time can be determined to allow for recovery. Recovery time is also affected by diet particularly in the hour following the exercise session and sleep a full 8 to 10 hours is suggested for athletes in training. Intense exercise stimulates the body’s production of Testosterone and Human Growth Hormone which accelerate the growth required to recover and grow stronger.

How can PSTEC help? Use the ClickTracks to remove any negative feelings following a bout of hard training. “I’m lazy/weak” “I’m stupid to have gone so hard” Any blame or anger with any training partners. Getting stressed over your exercise targets and schedules can be relieved with PSTEC also fretting about any Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) you may have incurred. Furthermore using Positives to re-enforce your belief that you will recover quickly and easily will assist your immune system to recover from the intense exercise as well.

Yes indeed PSTEC can help you recover.
    PeterCurrently an Ex UK Athletics Coach my licence has expired.