Reply To: How Many Times do I use PSTEC Positive with a particular statement?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Success with PSTEC and PSTEC Positive How Many Times do I use PSTEC Positive with a particular statement? Reply To: How Many Times do I use PSTEC Positive with a particular statement?

Jeff Harding
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Bob… that's a bit complicated, has more than one thought and also is “fluffy” in terms of definitions.

When I remember how my mother treated me I feel empowered to move beyond those feelings and thoughts.

You have two basic thoughts or directives here:
    I feel empowered
    and
    to move beyond those feelings and thoughts

There are definition issues:
    How did she treat you?
    What does moving beyond those feelings and thoughts mean?

Complicated:
    Look at the overall sentence from a third part perception.  Imagine that you are a small child.  Remember, you are making suggestions to the subconscious so you want to be crafting sentences that are more simple.  Your sentence would be a more adult expression and you want to make these simple.

But, I would break this down a bit more first.

Let's address two issues I see here:

First, is that your mother's treatment affects you in a certain way.

*So, CT the emotions if they are there regarding her treatment.
    *Then, craft PP Statements regarding how you wish to perceive that.  Without details, it may be difficult here, but let's say she criticized you for not going to college but you went to a trade school instead; you might do this:

“Other people's opinions have no affect on me”
    or, specifically…
    “My mother's opinions of me have no affect”

And, then a follow up…

“I love going to trade school because I know what is best for my life”

… or something like that.  Again, depends upon the specific issues.  It's usually best to address them specifically and simply.  When our definitions are too “fluffy” (meaning, not well defined and loosey-goosey), then it's difficult for the sub to grasp onto and it will probably get thrown out.

Make sense?

Aloha!
    Jeff