Reply To: Confused About PSTEC Negative

Mark
PSTEC User

Thanks Jeff,

OK I have some new discoveries/questions.

Firstly, I'm a musician and have had debilitating performance anxiety for years. Tried every technique under the sun but nothing, aside from medication, has worked.

A way of checking my anxiety about performing is going busking. I've forced myself to do it a lot (thought exposure therapy worked) but it's always been extremely unpleasant.

Anyway, I know very well that the belief holding me back from busking (and which causes all my shyness) is that “I am bothering people”

So I used that as my belief to work on just now – It is my belief that me busking bothers people.

I'm getting better at imagining the sentence in my mind.

A few questions – does it matter if, when you jumble the words, you see the new jumbled structure of the sentence perfectly? Same with jumbling letters – would you have to see the sentence with the exact amount of words/letters perfectly in a new order or can it just be kind of a mess of letters and words? I'm sure that I'm not seeing the exact amount of words and letters that should be there.

I'll have to check if I can go busking tomorrow or if I'll avoid it. There are other beliefs in there that I can work on (perfectionism etc). Thanks