Reply To: I have a simple question

Gold Heart
PSTEC User

Thank-you Peter
    for your speedy reply, In respect to the thread: http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/eefs-vs-pstec-negative/msg1641/#msg1641

EEFs vs. PSTEC NEgative
    « on: September 25, 2014, 10:10:41 AM »

As I look at this further, and read over what Jeff so kindly shared.  I’m thinking that CC typed by leslie0983 might have been a mistype. With the intention on typing PN.  If so than I’m not missing anything and she was talking about PN and Jeff kindly answered her.  If that is correct then I’m not missing any information.  :D

Warm wishes and Many thanks for your guidance

Gold Heart  :D 

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
    Jeff, seems like you recommend the PP chronologically over the PN? When would you use one over the other?

Let's say you want to get promoted at work but the underlying thought process is that you won't be able to handle a higher level of responsibility, will make a mistake and get fired.

While using the CC on past situation, if any, in which you failed to handle responsibility, made a mistake, had an unfair and judgmental boss, got fired, etc…

…do you PP the belief that you are responsible, thoughtful and receive support and guidance from others?

…or do you PN the belief that you are NOT responsible, are careless and people don't care about you.

… or do you do both and does the order matter?

Thanks!
    Report to moderator    Logged
    Jeff Harding

o Re: EEFs vs. PSTEC NEgative
    « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »

There are two thoughts there and there may be another at the root of that, but let's go with this for your example…

Note: Let's just use this as an example, but your specifics may be different based upon some delving we would do, but, again, let's just use this example:

1. Address the emotions as you suggested, sure… always begin by clearing the way a bit by neutralizing emotions…

While using the CC on past situation, if any, in which you failed to handle responsibility, made a mistake, had an unfair and judgmental boss, got fired, etc…

Also, consider imagining being in that new position… how do you feel?  any negative feelings, i.e. fear, anger, anxiety, etc? CT those feelings to 0-1.