Reply To: Question about tracks

bubbles
PSTEC User

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the reply. I understand what you meant about modifying the tracks. I had no idea that they were timed, but now that you mentioned it, it makes sense.

To answer your questions:

Yes, you are correct – I've tried using the click tracks for the bridge problem, but haven't made progress. I've used the tracks 3-4 times. My fear before doing the tracks is usually at about 8-9. The aspect of the phobia is a feeling that I can't escape (can't exit the bridge when I want to). Don't know if that makes sense, but I guess that there's no room to pull over if something happens and that stresses me out. There's also a feeling of being unsafe (like floating up in the air at a height with no support underneath). The fear is usually worse before going up the bridge and reaching the top. When I'm going downhill, I'm OK. I don't know any reason for this fear. Maybe I'm afraid of me and my feelings. My body overacts in this situation (pounding heart, muscle tension, shaking) which is highly uncomfortable. I usually develop strange fears when I'm stressed out. When I'm feeling good in my life, all these little fears disappear on their own.

Thanks again for your time and assistance with this!