Reply To: Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Negative: The Belief Eraser Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC Reply To: Fear of confrontation – Help needed – My Journey with PSTEC

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Peter,

That makes a lot of sense. I really do appreciate your insights and get a lot of value from your posts.

With the particular sentence I offered, I agree that “installing” it would probably not do much on its own. I just saw it as a bonus reminder to ensure the old pattern is eliminated, but perhaps it is redundant.

I would actually contend that, when getting rid of strong, unwanted emotions and beliefs, the need for approval would go away on its own – as long as it's sufficiently targeted. The Positive suggestions are “reinforcers” in this case.

I am not sure whether you have experienced this personally or with clients but, when you eliminate beliefs and neutralise emotions, some issues will just go away on their own. In other words, deleting the negative/unwanted pattern will automatically create space for the positive. I have experienced it with some, but not all, patterns.

That was how it played out for me (and I admit I used other modalities too) when eliminating a need for approval.

With “need”, I wasn't meaning the 6 Human Needs or hierarachy of needs or any other concepts like that.  In my case, the emotional drive. With how I held the pattern, it would mean that the presence of approval would fire me up and the mere absence of it would leave me feeling deflated.

However, I only wanted “approval” on my terms (praise), and we can open up new possibilities when we realise that people can approve of us and what we do without expressing it vocally or in our preferred way.

When you eliminate the right beliefs and conditionings, your perception changes on its own. That's what plus1g, you, I and many others have experienced. “You'll see it when you believe it.”

When you change what you believe, you start seeing things differently.

PSTEC's brilliance lies in its ability to get people to that point (should that be the aim), and by using different tools to arrive there.

Maybe I'm going off on a tangent but when we use these tools to accept and feel good about ourselves and other people, the need for approval tends to go away on its own. That, however, might be a separate essay  ;)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…